• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 16

CrowShit

Reaction score
Lots of great items coming through - we should be receiving what I believe is our final delivery in the next couple of weeks, along with my favorite piece from the season - the grid check primaloft vest.

In the Meantime, we've recieved a few of the knit blazers, our Olive doublecloth BDU Pant, and the Grey Wool 24oz Chester Coat (which we also received from FWK)

these will be shot alongside our last delivery, but heres a quick one of the women's Chester Coat for reference - it's near identical in styling and details. Pretty interesting diversion from their "usual" Chester (if you can say anything from EG is ever "usual) with the removable bib and visible hardware for it.

I was wondering if those were removable!

I also had a question for the group. What is the different between the SS16 Heavy Oxford BD and the FW16 Cotton BD? The obvious answer is fabric weight, but the "heavy" is confusing.

Last edited:

alex99

Reaction score
Look like Mr. Porter picked up EG for the FW 2016 season. Some good picks, including the black velvet TF bomber jacket.

blue peter

Reaction score
@CrowShit I own both, and, as you surmised, the real difference is that the "heavy" oxford is noticeably thicker (heavier!) and more appropriate for cooler months, while the ss iteration is much more light and appropriate for spring/early fall.

CrowShit

Reaction score
@CrowShit I own both, and, as you surmised, the real difference is that the "heavy" oxford is noticeably thicker (heavier!) and more appropriate for cooler months, while the ss iteration is much more light and appropriate for spring/early fall.
Thanks @blue peter but if i'm not mistaken there was a SS15 version that included "heavy" in it. Seen Here: http://www.endclothing.com/us/engineered-garments-19th-century-button-down-shirt-s6a0102.html

White tag=SS, or am I mistaken?

blue peter

Reaction score
ah, hmmm...i never noticed the black/white tag details re the season! i understand, now, that the "heavy" version was sold as part of the ss collection...i'm not so sure, then, but i'd imagine the difference is still the weight of the fabric making it more appropriate for the early summer months??? not 100% sure...

CrowShit

Reaction score
ah, hmmm...i never noticed the black/white tag details re the season! i understand, now, that the "heavy" version was sold as part of the ss collection...i'm not so sure, then, but i'd imagine the difference is still the weight of the fabric making it more appropriate for the early summer months??? not 100% sure...

Well regardless, I think you've answered my question!

pau24

Reaction score
Hi guys
I am considering to get a coat for winter. Dexter Jacket looks really nice to me.
Just wondering should I buy it
musicboohoo[1].gif

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, any one have a pair of the fatigue pants?
I'm find conflicting waist size measurements.
For example Haven has size 34 waist as 33 inches, TBB has size 34 at 34 inches and Independence has a size L(34?) as 35 inches.

thanks

whereeaglesdare

Reaction score
Hey guys, any one have a pair of the fatigue pants?
I'm find conflicting waist size measurements.
For example Haven has size 34 waist as 33 inches, TBB has size 34 at 34 inches and Independence has a size L(34?) as 35 inches.

thanks

Which ones ? the current season ?
FW16 ones are sized 28" 30" ect and a fuller cut whilst the SS16 ones are sized S, M ect and are a slimmer fit.
Im not at work atm but can measure a 34" in the olive double cloth if you want ?

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Which ones ? the current season ? 
FW16 ones are sized 28" 30" ect  and a fuller cut whilst the SS16 ones are sized S, M ect and are a slimmer fit. 
Im not at work atm but can measure a 34" in the olive double cloth if you want ?

Yes, the current season please.
I was looking at the cords but I assume the measurements would be the same for all the materials

thanks

Grintricha

Reaction score
I'm looking for the brown jersey blazer which I saw in their look book. Lots of places have the charcoal but I've failed to find the brown. Any help greatly appreciated.
Richard

Grintricha

Reaction score
thanks Notdesigned, anybody kow any EU retailers with it?

sorry for not mentioning beforehand

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads