• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 16

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression they were a unisex item that had already been marketed to both genders.

Anyway, I bought my wife one a few years ago and it's rad and she loves it.

Yes, I have a few, but one I noticed this season was being marketed (albeit by the shop itself from what I can tell and not EG) to women. I'm more concerned about fit and specifically length fi for some reason they did a women's variant now, but looking at the photos again and where it lands I'm quite certain it's the same size as the rest of shawls.

I too have a couple of them. I only wear them layered when I'm out, but I also find them quite nice when I'm home. Like a blanket I don't have to take off. They're overpriced for what they are, but I do like them.

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score

I'm seeing the button shawl being marketed or perhaps rather sold to women this year where as I haven't seen that in previous seasons.  I'm assuming it's the same button shawl they're selling to men in terms of the size/dimensions, correct?  Looks to be from the photos and for me it's a very clearly unisex piece, but don't want to get one and have it be too short.

We sell the majority of our button shawls to women so in store we often situate them near FWK. That being said, its absolutely a unisex piece. I have one that i love, and if noone snags this last navy polka dot i might have two in 2017. Makes a killer scarf and can be worn skirted for layering purposes.

To clarify, there's only one button shawl design and as far as i can tell it hasn't changed in specs since the original rollout. Hope that helps!

sungmineyo

Reaction score

Yes, I have a few, but one I noticed this season was being marketed (albeit by the shop itself from what I can tell and not EG) to women.  I'm more concerned about fit and specifically length fi for some reason they did a women's variant now, but looking at the photos again and where it lands I'm quite certain it's the same size as the rest of shawls.

I too have a couple of them.  I only wear them layered when I'm out, but I also find them quite nice when I'm home.  Like a blanket I don't have to take off.  They're overpriced for what they are, but I do like them.

Well said. That's exactly how I feel for most of EG accessories

Beedub

Reaction score
I bought my wife a shawl from Envoy in Belfast (EG FWK stockist) and so I assumed they did men's and women's versions?

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
Can someone comment on how the BDU pants fit in comparison to the fatigue pants?

I have a pair of SS16 fatigues in olive ripstop, and they're awesome. I normally have trouble with the thighs being too small on all pants, but these fit me really well in a medium (except a hint big in the waist, but the draw string works.)

Are the BDU pants as roomy, or as they more narrow? I was hoping to snag a pair during this sale season, I need more EG pants.

NXNW

Reaction score
I do not know about SS16, but I just moved from a beat up pair of SS14 olive ripstop fatigues to this seasons double cloth BUDs and could not be happier. 32 to 32. The BDUs are a bit slimmer and shorter but I still have a lot of room up top and am happy with the length. I always wore the fatigues clinched but do not with the BDUs and think they fit better.

jlchau

Reaction score
Can someone comment on how the BDU pants fit in comparison to the fatigue pants?

I have a pair of SS16 fatigues in olive ripstop, and they're awesome. I normally have trouble with the thighs being too small on all pants, but these fit me really well in a medium (except a hint big in the waist, but the draw string works.)

Are the BDU pants as roomy, or as they more narrow? I was hoping to snag a pair during this sale season, I need more EG pants.

I have a pair from FW15 that is the grey flannel wool and they feel a bit more roomy up top and in the thighs compared to SS15 ripstop fatigues (both size 30). The leg openings also have a drawstring for cinching. Not sure about this season.

BillyWhitaker

Reaction score
Anybody know stockists other than Gentry or Bureau Belfast carrying the green/olive poncho?

CrowShit

Reaction score
How about any retailers that still have the navy pinstriped primaloft vest? That one seemed to have moved fast.

rusticchasm

Reaction score
bought a combi for my wife- the crotch area buldges from the zipper (kinda like a penis....)
anyone else seen this? any fixes?

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

No need for my excuses for being absent, just simply put life gets in the way. However, I got a new computer and I can do more stuff, so you might get sick of me eventually. Honestly, its been a mad crazy season!

Kind of sneaking up on that SS17 season and I'm sure some are saying when's he gonna get the thread started. Well, I've got some time off coming up and I'll get it rolling then.

I wanted to share with you another editorial by our friends here Boston, Steven & Jeremiah of Metropolitan Society. This was a collaboration between Engineered Garments and Universal Works, both brands we feel compliment each other and are committed to. These young gents, both college students are truly smart and savvy. I encourage you to bookmark their blog, buy their most recent publication and watch them grow.

http://www.metropolitansociety.co/blog/second-hand-f/w-16-editorial

From deep within our hearts and soul, everyone here at Drinkwater's want to wish all of you the joyous spirit that comes along at this time of year and hopes for health and happiness in the new year!

Cheers!

Gary

Richard23

Reaction score
Hello all.

First time eg related post. Was hoping to get some advice on the bedford jacket. The sales right now are so tempting.

I'm trying to figure out the overall fit. Just picked up an EG workaday jacket in XL and love the fit.

Was wondering if the bedford fits similar to the A-line cut of the workaday.

High armholes? Slim in chest and taper in further before flaring out at the midsection?

For reference, my chest measures 46 solid inches.... and yes, i've got some belly, though I'm continually working on losing it to keep the missus happy and for overall health. I'm also only 5'10" with a longer trunk than inseam.

Appreciate any info!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads