• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Engineered Garments FW 16

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know its not current season but do you guys think the EG Primloft vest is too small?

Thanks

ramdomthought

Reaction score
If you don't intend on wearing it over anything but a shirt, that is a not terrible size

Doesn't look like you'd be able to wear that over anything except a shirt if you needed to, though

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. No i would only be wearing a shirt. I was just afraid the shoulders might be a little too narrow

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I'm looking for the brown jersey blazer which I saw in their look book. Lots of places have the charcoal but I've failed to find the brown. Any help greatly appreciated.
Richard

If you are referring to the Knit Blazer, we have it and do ship Internationally.

Last edited:

JRS1979

Reaction score
Just received the Bedford in charcoal serge, and it is a great fabric. So glad I chose this over the navy uniform serge. Much prefer a slightly sturdier fabric than pure wool.

zunker

Reaction score
I'm currently weighing up the navy serge Baker vs charcoal - what's the difference in the material?

JRS1979

Reaction score
The navy uniform serge is, I believe, 100% wool.

The charcoal serge is 46% wool / 38% cotton / 8% poly / 8% acrylic. The material feels more robust and hard-wearing. It's a really nice fabric.

zunker

Reaction score
Thanks for the response - you are right, the Kafka website lists it as 100% wool but there is a picture of the label where you can just about make out that it is a mix. Would never have spotted that otherwise!

GeorgeC

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the green double cloth parka this year and is it as huge as the years before? The models seem to be going TTS though.

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score

The navy uniform serge is, I believe, 100% wool.

The charcoal serge is 46% wool / 38% cotton / 8% poly / 8% acrylic. The material feels more robust and hard-wearing. It's a really nice fabric.

We've got both - the Uniform serge almost feels like a classic blue blazer wool, wheras the charcoal is definitely crunchier and has more texture.

I'd say if you want something bulky but you like the navy, keep the navy melton in mind as well. they seem to make it every year but this is the first time we've picked it up - really nice, simple jacket.

charcoal serge is probably the most interesting out of the three, but I've got a soft spot for the navy melton.

biabia

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the green double cloth parka this year and is it as huge as the years before? The models seem to be going TTS though.
I haven't tried this years but it looks oversized just like prior years. That's the intended fit. My only experience is with the SS version though.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.