1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments FW 15

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jun 20, 2015.

1. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Thanks man. I'm trying to decide between that and the belted shawl knit jacket. The latter seems to run bigger but I like the c/d better.

2. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Senior member

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102
    Quick shout;

our Engineered Garments collection from fall is marked down 40% pretty much acrossed the board on our website.

check out what's left here

shoot me PMs or emails with any questions or purchase/size inquiries - I'll be attending to them tomorrow in order of time sent (working from home today)

First spring drop is right around the corner, but I'll have more about that in the SS16 thread. Not sure what I'm going to do with shorts in the middle of February but im excited to get them nonetheless! maybe our californian customers can help me out there!

3. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

The latter runs really big. Like I'm on the border of XL/XXL and my XL is very roomy, but in a very nice way. One of my favorite pieces.

4. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Took a little longer than I would've liked to get a shot in the Mackinaw Corduroy Parka (and still not a great shot), but I'm very happy with this peice.

EGx2
    SS
    R&B

[​IMG]

11 people like this.
  5. lawlercon

lawlercon Senior member

Dope! I wanted the brown cord one. So legit.

6. DuckOB

DuckOB Senior member

I am looking to get my first EG piece, looking at the USN Pant in either tan or olive herringbone. I can't find a site that discloses the weight of the fabric. I have some RRL officers chino and wanted to know how the herringbone compares. I assume the construction quality is similar. Also what are the 2 button holes at the bottom of the pants for?

thx!

7. nickp

nickp Well-Known Member

@DuckOB not particularly heavy. I don't have the RRL chino but I'd say its a very standard medium-weight chino. Definitely lighter than a brushed cotton or cotton moleskin. You can wear it well into spring.

As far as I know, the holes are for drawstrings... if it had them. Fatigue pants have a similar design. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I've always found it was a curious detail too.)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  8. DuckOB

DuckOB Senior member

@nickp thanks for the info. Yeah, if i can wear them thru spring then perfect. The draw strings holes makes sense, curious, but i guess authentic.

thanks!

9. Matsa

Matsa Well-Known Member

Yes, must be cut really big because I just got a black moleskin bedford that's XL and it's almost too tight even though I was kind of drowning in the xxl tweed.

Also just ordered a shawl. I slept on it a bit too long so there was only a brown flannel left on TBB, but that will probably work with a couple of things I own. The question is, will I man up enough to dress like an old woman or will I just wear it under my jackets?

10. blue peter

blue peter Senior member

don't be scared! [​IMG]

11. CSCoHammers7

CSCoHammers7 Senior member

Our sale season usually starts a bit later than most retailers, but it's coming! January 30th to be exact. But we'll let you guys in a little early... 30% off EG (Final sale-shipping not included). Our FW15 buy included:

F5A0110 / 19th Century B.S. Shirt in Grey Brushed Glen Plaid XS > XL $240
    [​IMG]

F5A0638 / Work Shirt in Grey Houndstooth Flannel XS > XL $195
    [​IMG]

F5A0739 / Western Shirt in Dk. Navy Micro Dot Dobby S > XL $240
    [​IMG]

F5A0946 / Banded Collar Shirt in Green/Black Small Check XS > XL $230
    [​IMG]

F5A10153 / Banded Long Collar Shirt in Dk. Navy Crest Print S > XL $255
    [​IMG]

F5B0556 / Shawl Collar Knit C/D in Black/Grey Stripe Jersey XS > XL $240
    [​IMG]

F5B0664 / Shawl Collar Knit Jacket in Dk. Grey Cable Knit M > XL $650
    [​IMG]

F5D0287 / CPO Shirt in Dk. Grey Pattern Block Herringbone S > XL $505
    [​IMG]

F5D0697 / Bedford Jacket in Olive Moleskin XS > XL $400
    [​IMG]

F5D06102 / Bedford Jacket in Navy Uniform Serge XS > XL $530
    [​IMG]

F5D1185 / Dexter Jacket in Black/Navy Wool Horizontal Stripe S > XL $530
    [​IMG]

F5D18103 / Barn Jacket in Multi Color Block Herringbone M > XL $660
    [​IMG]

F5F09102 / USN Pant in Navy Uniform Serge 28 > 36 $385
    [​IMG]

F5F0992 / USN Pant in Olive Cotton Herringbone 28 > 36 $240
    [​IMG]

F5H08103 / Button Shawl in Multi Color Block Herringbone $170 SOLD OUT
    [​IMG]

F5H0887 / Button Shawl in Dk. Grey Pattern Block Herringbone $170 SOLD OUT
    [​IMG]

F5H0084 / Button Shawl in Brown 13oz Wool Flannel $170 SOLD OUT
    [​IMG]

F5H0885 / Button Shawl in Black/Navy Wool Horizontal Stripe $170 (Somehow not sold out despite being the best of them, IMO)
    [​IMG]

Not all sizes available. I'll update sizing as I can, and we'll post what remains from previous F/W seasons that will go on sale as well in the usual imgur album.

(617) 547-2067
    PM @Drinkwaters or myself
    gary@drinkwaterscambridge.com
    sreyes@drinkwaterscambridge.com

Thanks all!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  12. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

would take the moleskin off your hands

13. zer0tails

zer0tails Active Member

That's a nice collection of Bedffords you have :) Which is your favourite/do you wear the most? I picked up the olive moleskin and am waiting on the brown/green herringbone to come in. I was just offered the grey wool tweed and am contemplating if I should spring for it.

Edit: For those who own the wool herringbone/tweed bedfords, are they too warm to wear over an oxford shirt indoors/office environment?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  14. zalb916

zalb916 Senior member

I own the tweed. It is quite thick and warm. It's not completely ridiculous to wear it like that, but it's not really the best idea. It feels a little more outerwear than sport coat.

1 person likes this.
  15. zer0tails

zer0tails Active Member

Good to know, thanks! This year's tweed is supposed to be substantially thicker than the herringbone right? That would explain its use as outerwear.

16. yesssir

yesssir Senior member

Thanks! There's no way I can choose a favorite. I try to rotate them daily so they all get worn a lot. As mentioned above the tweed is quite thick. It's even thicker than the brown/green herringbone. I've worn them all indoors except the tweed and was comfortable with just an ocbd underneath. I've also worn them with temps as low as the 30's with just an ocbd underneath and a CDW vest on top.

Has anyone seen the navy field parka available in a size medium? I still see the grey one at a few retailers but afraid the color will be too light in person and will get dirty fast.

17. Matsa

Matsa Well-Known Member

Fortunately for me it's on the right side of almost too tight, it looks just about perfect. It could be more comfortable but I've still been wearing it almost daily since I got it. I'll just take it as extra motivation to get back into shape.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  18. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

I wear the Tweed over only a shirt. It's great in a warm and comfy kind of way like an old baggy sweater. I've also worn it as an overcoat over a blazer but it's also not quite long/big enough to work effectively.

19. modual

modual Senior member

Would anyone be willing to proxy an EG item for me from the States to the UK ?

20. rusticchasm

rusticchasm Senior member

why does the USN pant have button holes at the cuff?