• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@modual @blue peter I have the olive sweater knit interliner from last season. I really like it layered under outerwear - I wear it the most with my Our Legacy MA-1. I try to only wear it in situations where I know I will be leaving it on - because once you remove your jacket you usually get a few "What is that?" remarks from people.

blue peter

Reaction score
@modual @blue peter I have the olive sweater knit interliner from last season. I really like it layered under outerwear - I wear it the most with my Our Legacy MA-1. I try to only wear it in situations where I know I will be leaving it on - because once you remove your jacket you usually get a few "What is that?" remarks from people.

haha - that's exactly what I thought would happen..."what is that?" haha - any fitpics for inspiration?

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Assuming the knit interliner is the same style as last year's -- when I first saw it on-line, I thought it was a really cool piece and thought I may have missed out on it, until I found one locally. When I tried it on, I really did not care for it (especially at full retail price). It is solely a layering piece, but most everything except the heavy outerwear in the EG lineup can be viewed as a possible layering piece. And I found the knit interliner only good as a layer. As mentioned above, it looks silly without anything over it.

eluther

Reaction score
I got the Hooded Interliner from FW14 in brown fair isle. Yes, it's a layering piece, and it goes well with pretty much anything given how short it is. If you're too self-conscious for someone to see that you're wearing a dickie, then a dickie isn't for you.

Dino19

Reaction score
I got the Hooded Interliner from FW14 in brown fair isle. Yes, it's a layering piece, and it goes well with pretty much anything given how short it is. If you're too self-conscious for someone to see that you're wearing a dickie, then a dickie isn't for you.

Fully agreed. Almost evrything is about self conscious to a certain extent.

My FW15 navy piece is on the way. I think it looks nice over just a shirt too.

HAL 9000

Reaction score
Which jacket is this called from the FW14 collection? I tried doing a search over the net and forums and didn't find much. Thanks in advance guys.

mbaum

Reaction score
Fair warning - that knit/ jersey jacket looks so much better in the lookbook than in the wild (less shiny, weird cut, more "sweater", stretch-y). The styling with the cool knickers helps as well. Sizing on those jackets also is a bit weird (small) for my taste.

eluther

Reaction score
Unlike mbaum, I really like the material itself – have the cardigan in it. Think it's a really rich shade that pairs well with every shade of brown. However, he's right about the cut being weird. I think the model in the lookbook is sized up

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those knit jackets are terrible. Arms, body are too short. The chest and waist are oversized. They even look ****** styled on nepenthes right now.

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tumblr_inline_nuj1pz2NFV1qe44yl_1280.jpg

blue peter

Reaction score

I've been considering the interliner and perhaps a good way to think about it is more of an accessory like a scarf or shawl - something to layer on a cold day for added warmth outdoors but then remove when you get inside. less weird "wtf is that?" looks! haha

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads