1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments FW 15

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Aksel SB

Aksel SB Member

Got the red/navy workshirt and a rather nice velva sheen tee. Surprised to see an almost full run of sizes for the plaid workshirts hit the sale.

2. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Merry X-mas EG lovers.

BTW, I'll be at Jack Straw tomorrow (12/26) morning at 10:00. If anybody wants to meet up, grab a bite/drink, hit me up with a PM.

Was planning on hitting up Totokaelo too.

3. lineate

lineate Senior member

Hey all — anyone know the best place in London to reliably find / try on EG, blazers is particular? Liberty used to have a good range but they've got awful.

4. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

5. lineate

lineate Senior member

Thanks, MOK. It's quite strange how EG doesn't really exist here in London.

I'll try these shops ... though I hate going to Portobello Road for any reason so cross fingers for Real McCoy or Trunk.

Also, I was at the new Oi Polloi off Carnaby Street the other day. They carry EG, but in a very limited capacity.

6. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

You're going to find limited stock at this time of year until SS16 is released anyway. I find EG reasonably consistent in terms of sizing, with the proviso that summer stuff fits slightly closer than winter, so you can at least try the basic Bedford, Andover and Baker's for fit. I think it's a trip across to Belfast if you want a good range.

7. lineate

lineate Senior member

What I really need is to feel confident in a sizing choice. I like the idea of a baker or Bedford in a cotton or lightweight wool, so that's good to know about the summer stock.

I'm 6'2" and relatively lanky. Im afraid whatever I go for will end up being too short somewhere, most likely the arms.

But if I could lock down a size there are a lot of options for buying over the phone or online. So thank you for helping out.

8. Beedub

Beedub Senior member

Liberty's has a bit too, not a great range, but some at least. Oipolloi in Soho is a good bet too, fairly decent range, nowhere near the scale of The Bureau but a good amount.

9. Beedub

Beedub Senior member

10. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

I'm 6'1" with reasonably long arms and don't have a problem with EG sleeve length, but then I'm typically xl in EG to fit the chest (occasionally L).

11. blue peter

blue peter Senior member

sounds like we have similar builds - i'm a L in outerwear, L in bedfords, etc., 34 in trousers, M in vests and 19cbd

you'll just have to go for it on one piece - if it doesn't fit, there's a strong resale market on grailed/ebay

12. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

5 people like this.
  13. lineate

lineate Senior member

Guys, thank you so much for this.

As I'm mostly interested in a cotton Bedford, my game plan has become wait for SS16 to drop, see if I can secure one in person from Garbstore or Oi Polloi, and if not, take a punt one one of the many online / phone / email options. Still a toss up between medium and large, but maybe it's a case of buy both and and see what sticks.

14. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

2 people like this.
  15. atlr

atlr Well-Known Member

Nepenthes jp posted the lookbook for EG SS16 as well as FWK and Needles. So, who starts the new thread?

16. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Senior member

I will work on the new thread New Years day. Been quite busy here during the holiday season.

2 people like this.
  17. Phil McCrackin

Phil McCrackin Senior member

Like the parka and the field jacket ..

18. habitant

habitant Senior member

I think it's a bit too lazy and recycled.

1 person likes this.
  19. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

every designer shits the bed for spring/summer, i just wear fall clothes in summer

1 person likes this.
  20. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

missing the crazy shirting patterns from ss15. the green/blue plaid baker is great though.