Engineered Garments FW 15

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jun 20, 2015.

1. eluther

eluther Senior member

@blue peter – I assume they're the navy cords? Since the pants are textured, that makes it a good bit easier. I'd recommend a dark jacket – i.e. black or grey – and try to do something tonal with interesting textures. Trying to do something adhering to the "correct" CM rules of navy pants is going to be hard. Really the only options you'd have from that perspective are something in a pattern or in khaki.

As for using a SS jacket – that might be fine. I often don't care for mixing seasons because the fabric weights feel too disjointed – but, that isn't to say it's unilaterally bad, just takes a keener sense to do well.

2. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

thanks for the heads up. Going to be up in Seattle tomorrow and will check out cable knit and grey tweed bedfords.

3. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

The good thing about Bellevue Square Nordstroms selling EG is that no one will buy it and there will be a good selection come markdown season.
    The bad thing about Nordstroms selling EG is that no one will buy it and they'll only carry it for a couple seasons.

4. benjaminroy

benjaminroy Well-Known Member

I bought a Bedford in Navy Moleskin about a month ago and first wearing it today. While giving it a quick steam this morning I noticed that one of the seams on the back is a bit fucked up. Looks like the fabric is curling out from under the seam there and the edge is fraying.

Is there a way to get this back to EG to be repaired? Do they do any kind of warranty like that? I am in New York so I could take it to NNY before leaving town tomorrow.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015

5. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

US retail customs and legislation are a bit different to Europe, but I'd suggest contacting whoever you bought it from.

6. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

I'd take it to them and explain the situation to them. I know in the past people from this thread have emailed them with similar quality control issues and they've fixed or replaced the item. Wouldn't call in a definite warranty or anything just Nepenthes being cool like that.

7. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Affiliate Vendor

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102

I've heard of that happening too - they're good about QC and righting wrongs. at any rate it looks like a small, mendable thing - talk with nepenthes, the shop you brought it from, or even your local tailor. shouldn't be hard to get it into working condition.

8. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

I've got this year's navy fatigues, and plan on wearing them with most colours (this year's Olive moleskin, last year's brown and olive tweed bedfords, a mid grey herringbone bedford, a dark grey wool landsdown, a black CPO, even a wool twill navy bedford). I think summer fabrics can work with corduroy but only the more substantial fabrics. The tropical wools are probably a bit light, as are some of lighter cotton jackets. Canvas or denim would be fine. Thinking about my summer pieces I'd consider my Olive ripstop explorer, but not my cotton baker, bedford or nehru, or jersey shawl collar. It's really a try it and see...

9. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Thanks for everyone's recommendations on the Olive Moleskin Bedford - beautiful colour in real life, a true vibrant moss green rather than a dull brownish colour.

10. tdude

tdude Senior member

Where are these for sale?

11. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

I picked up the tweed Bedford after much internal debate between it and the cable knit. As Eluther mentioned the cable knit runs small. However, I tried on the large and it was too wide across the shoulders/chest. It's also very cropped. The tweed is a nice relaxed fit. Now just have to find opportunity to wear it in LA!

12. tobiasfunke

tobiasfunke Senior member

Most sites are listing the Outback Canvas Fatigues as TTS—is this with the side button tabs buttoned or unbuttoned? I have a 33" waist and am trying to decide between the 32 and 34.

13. habitant

habitant Senior member

Size down they are huge

14. Cotton Dockers

Cotton Dockers Senior member

Nice! Who in LA has the bedfords in stock?

15. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

sorry this was from Jack Straw up in Seattle.