• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eluther

Reaction score
@agvs – There's also always Rakuten/yjp. I got an old season black denim workshirt, identical to the one from this season, for $70 in like new condition. Hard to find the more select pieces from each season, but so many workshirts get made that they're always available on the second-hand market.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any north american shops with the B1P's yet (pref black cord in the non-cashmere blend)?
I've only found them at Frans Boone so far.

blue peter

Reaction score
Any north american shops with the B1P's yet (pref black cord in the non-cashmere blend)?
I've only found them at Frans Boone so far.

just inquired at nepenthes regarding the blue cord B1P and was told they are sold out (of the blue - didn't ask about black) and they gave me these stockists (for blue):

Bureau
Frans Boone
Nordstrom (Vancouver)
Oi Polloi Manchester

dixonmanor

Reaction score
I spoke with John from Jack Straw a few months ago, and he said that Nepenthes contacted him to let him know they were seeking more accounts for EG, and that Nordstrom would be carrying EG. So as to keep him happy, and not over-saturate the market, they basically allowed John to choose which Nordstrom store would be allowed to carry EG; as such, it's only available at the Bellevue location in Washington. Not sure which other stores carry it nationally.

SirMeowly

Reaction score
Huh. Well, I'll be up there this weekend and was already going to go to Haven and Neighbour... Might as well make an additional stop.

And no, they don't sell it at the flagship in Seattle.

blue peter

Reaction score
I spoke with John from Jack Straw a few months ago, and he said that Nepenthes contacted him to let him know they were seeking more accounts for EG, and that Nordstrom would be carrying EG. So as to keep him happy, and not over-saturate the market, they basically allowed John to choose which Nordstrom store would be allowed to carry EG; as such, it's only available at the Bellevue location in Washington. Not sure which other stores carry it nationally.

I don't know how this makes me feel...(saying this somewhat sarcastically). I mean, I know it's incredibly "snobby" to look at a brand negatively because it's sold in an establishment like Nordstrom but...damn...I know I shouldn't love EG any less because of this...gah. Somebody help me with these feelings I'm having...(said sarcastically...kind of!) haha

NXNW

Reaction score
I don't know how this makes me feel...(saying this somewhat sarcastically). I mean, I know it's incredibly "snobby" to look at a brand negatively because it's sold in an establishment like Nordstrom but...damn...I know I shouldn't love EG any less because of this...gah. Somebody help me with these feelings I'm having...(said sarcastically...kind of!) haha
Same page as you man. I've been going to that Bellevue Square Nords since I was 5 and (trying not to be the typical Seattlite that hates on the eastside) seeing EG there gives me very mixed feelings. Hey once Uniqlo opens I'll have 2 reasons to go to Bellevue.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've no idea what Nordstrom is like, but EG have been very clever so far it making buyers jump through hoops to buy it giving an air of exclusivity (limiting on-line sales, predominantly selling through independent retailers, releasing some pieces in very limited numbers, whilst probably producing others at volume). We know that it allows them to charge higher costs than widespread distribution but go along with it. It will be interesting to see how much they can expand outlets without losing than 'sheen'.

blue peter

Reaction score
I've no idea what Nordstrom is like, but EG have been very clever so far it making buyers jump through hoops to buy it giving an air of exclusivity (limiting on-line sales, predominantly selling through independent retailers, releasing some pieces in very limited numbers, whilst probably producing others at volume). We know that it allows them to charge higher costs than widespread distribution but go along with it. It will be interesting to see how much they can expand outlets without losing than 'sheen'.

Nordstrom is like...Selfridges - maybe? It's steps above Marks & Spencer's but steps below, say, Liberty London? Been a while since I was last in the UK so could be far off...

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In regards to EG being sold at Nordstroms, I don't think it's that big of a deal. I mean, they already sell online at in-store at Barneys. Also, it's not like EG is being carried at all of Nordstroms locations. The flagship store in downtown Seattle is a pretty different animal than pretty much all of their other stores. They carry several brands that are much higher-end and exclusive to that location (and probably a handful of others).

Also, I would think that the majority of shoppers passing through Nordstroms aren't going to look at Fisherman Pants and banded collar long shirts and have some sort of style epiphany. I imagine nearly all of that they'll carry and sell will be cinch pants and Bedfords (not that there's anything wrong with that). The point being that all the weird crazy stuff that inspires us to follow and patronize the brand isn't going to be suddenly in greater demand.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads