1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments FW 14

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Cotton Dockers

Cotton Dockers Senior member

Thanks for the write-up, Mike. Almost dropped in there myself today. Excited to see the knits - I take it you didn't pick anything up for yourself?

2. mbaum

mbaum Senior member

Nope. I would have picked up a AXS Folk Technology climber pant is ecru - They are out of my size but trying to order them (I am developing quite an infatuation with AXS - Local LA dudes). I walked out with good smelling incense ...[​IMG]

Regarding EG, winter stuff is challenging as I can barely wear it where we live so I will likely buy substantially less compared to SS. But I have my eye on some of the pieces. Early stand outs for me are the Norfolk, the bush shirt mentioned above, the long Daytons and the knit blazers, which I think look spectacular in the look book. I like the Corduroy stuff, especially the Andover. For pants, I like the fatigues in herringbone and denim and really am looking forward to checking out the knickers and the breeches.

The older I get, the crazier the stuff I like. Am I having a Nick Wooster midlife crisis? I sure hope so ...

Mike

3 people like this.
  3. HelloFello

HelloFello Senior member

Thanks Mike, was going to stop in Mohawk as well, but saw their pics if the first drop and only thing that seemed somewhat interesting was the banded collar shirt, but this weather needs to drop by 20 degrees before I even think about anything from FW14. Pretty much agree with everything you've said and the only thing I might end up getting is the Brown Herringbone Bedford, and a few of the shirts, will be an easy on the wallet season for me this time around.

4. yesssir

yesssir Senior member

Thanks for the reviews mbaum and fycus. I wonder what's the difference between the moleskin and Calvary twill? I want a FW navy blazer but not sure which one will fit the bill. Mbaum you're right about the FW fatigues being longer than the SS. I've noticed that as well over the past few years.

5. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

moleskin is cotton, cavalry twill is a tightly-woven wool twill. The moleskin has a textured but relatively soft handful, pretty thick for cotton but fades easily. The cavalry twill, if anything like uniform serge, is freaking bulletproof and wont show wear at all. Generally speaking the moleskin is a little more casual, but I'm leaning towards the cavalry twill myself due to the durability of fabric. The brown homespun is also calling my name...

6. yesssir

yesssir Senior member

Hmm sounds like the calvary twill will be a little more of what I'm looking for. I have the navy ripstop from SS14 so there's no need for two cotton navy blazers. I also agree the brown homespun looks nice as well.

7. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Senior member

Brown homespun is AWESOME!
    I picked up a pair of Truman pants and CPO in this material. Nice soft hand and 100% wool.

8. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

^ +1 Tried on the bedford at Drinkwater's. I wasn't a fan of it in pictures but seeing it up close changed my mind for sure. Very excited there is a matching truman pant - where did you find them? I think I'm going to finally buy my first EG "suit":
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(From: https://eq.loftman.co.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=843)

Also: I might be blowing my own spot up here but I need some info. A certain unamed online retailer just got this in:
    [​IMG]

Can anyone place it? Season/make/sizing info? I know that patch ticket pocket looks familiar I just can't remember what jacket it is.

9. catchh

catchh Senior member

Is the brown homespun fabric machine washable? I'm guessing dry clean only, and guessing that most of the fabrics this season will be dry clean only.

10. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

Almost positive it is not machine washable - I think it would felt if you tried.

1 person likes this.
  11. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

The moleskin is much different than the ripstop, you can't go wrong either way

12. CSCoHammers7

CSCoHammers7 Senior member

Irving Jacket for sure. Gonna guess FW10.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  13. Phil McCrackin

Phil McCrackin Senior member

The Bureau online , some lovely bits on there , really good season this ...

14. Shingles

Shingles Senior member

+1. Fabrics that strike me are Dark Grey Heavy Brushed Herringbone, brown homespun and the Heather Grey and Dark Olive Worsted Wool Flannel.

And this scarf, damn!

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  15. mbaum

mbaum Senior member

Agree on fabrics. And completely in love (For now) with the knit jackets but curious to see them in the wild.

Here is a first interesting observation, me being the numbers nerd: The slim pants this season do not appear all that slim, if we believe TBB measurements:
    • Ghurka thigh measurements are the same than fatigues (at 12", which is the same for SS)
    • Cinch pants appear even looser at 12.25" thigh

That would be awesome as Cinch seems to have coolest fabric choices. Anybody who has experience with da pentz sizes this season, please share.

Mike

16. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

Sweater knit jacket is stunning. Trying to hold out for the herringbone version as I already have plenty navy cardigan options at the moment.
    [​IMG]

That's definitely it. Just found a fit pic from the EG F/W 2010 - the guy picked it up from Gary! Styleforum EG threads might as well serve as an EG Archive or Museum. Funny how these pieces pop up years later - brand new to boot! The price its at is very tempting but I'm not sure how I feel about the 5 buttons.

1 person likes this.
  17. DividedWay

DividedWay Senior member

Have any USA gotten the sweater knit in in any fabrics yet?

18. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

^ i love that second one.

1 person likes this.
  19. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Senior member

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102

We'll be getting a couple of them in the next few weeks. stay tuned.