• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 14

eskamobob1

Reaction score

Yes a hot wash/tumble will likely shrink it all over. It might shrink more in one direction, but it's a gamble...
yah. If he had said the shoulders could lose half an inch I would have said go for it, but if they are already a tad tight I think it is almost a guarantee it will get too small.

mbaum

Reaction score
On the homespun Bedfords (Though brown ...) @CSCoHammers7 and @Drinkwaters , have you gotten the re-stock of those?

Thanks much,

Mike

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

On the homespun Bedfords (Though brown ...) @CSCoHammers7
 and @Drinkwaters
 , have you gotten the re-stock of those?

Thanks much,

Mike

@CSCoHammers7
 and @Drinkwaters

Ditto for the homespun Truman in 36W?

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

On the homespun Bedfords (Though brown ...) @CSCoHammers7
 and @Drinkwaters
 , have you gotten the re-stock of those?

Thanks much,

Mike

Not yet @mbaum. Should be any day now.

jcrisatx

Reaction score
Here's what I have

eskamobob1

Reaction score
has anyone handled that fair isle knit jacket? I love the pattern and the look, but the 100% polyester worries me. I know EG doesnt cut corners, but the material is still worrying. If I got it, I would use it as an outer layer (maybe a shell over it durring snow). What do you guys think of it?

mbaum

Reaction score
Thanks, Gary re: homespun Bedford.

Can anybody comment how substantial/ warm the Primaloft liner vests are?

And has anybody experienced the Field vest in khaki in the wild? Asking as I like the Primaloft khaki but the shades seem to differ substantially on Nepenthes' tumblr (Primaloft appears "beige", Field appears "olive").

Thanks,

Mike

mbaum

Reaction score
Here's what I have

Sweet pick ups. Congrats. Appreciate your comments on the liner vests.
has anyone handled that fair isle knit jacket? I love the pattern and the look, but the 100% polyester worries me. I know EG doesnt cut corners, but the material is still worrying. If I got it, I would use it as an outer layer (maybe a shell over it durring snow). What do you guys think of it?

I also caved on this one and got the blue shawl collar version. It is medium think but the fleece provides strong inslualtion so it is a warm piece. inside is fleece like and sheds slightly. Outlside is more knit texture. Fit is a tad tighter than other jackets so perfect for a mid layer or more of a sportswear type of outer. In my opinion, the cut on both (Shawl and regular collar) is closer to a "buttoned" sweater than a traditional jacket and I think it might look best worn in a more casual way and unbuttoned.

Blue fair isle, in my opinion, is the colorway to get but almost sold out everywhere. Brown is not bad either though.

Mike

Last edited:

eskamobob1

Reaction score
I'll probably go brown standard collar if I do get it. Question though. A S should fit me perfectly in the chest and shoulders while a M would leave enough room for a sweater under but still be slim fit. Which way would you go? Also, would it + flannel (gotta love my bird print) + undershirt keep me warm in ~20F?

EDIT: I like the blue as well, but I am shying away because I am starting a contest with my 32oz N&F starting Wednesday.

Last edited:

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can anybody help with trying to size an andover pls? medium bedford fits me well, should i get the same in andover? (looking at the olive flannel from this season specifically..)
thanks!

mbaum

Reaction score
On the fair isle, you get an inch more in chest and half an inch in shoulders (See measures on TBB). Arm circumference will likely be similar. If you can, try it on: I did not like how an XL fit me compared to an L (But then again, I will wear lighter wear underneath). For some reason, I also noticed a slight sizing difference between shawl collar (appeared roomier) and regular collar (Appeared tighter) but that should not be that way and could simply be my own illusion ...

On the Andover, I recommend to go TTS: If an M Bedford fits you well, so will an M Andover. P2P and shoulder should be the same measures.

Mike

HOT Sriracha

Reaction score
Anyone with experience with the Hooded Interliners? Is the one size big enough for most sizes? Thanks!

eluther

Reaction score

Also, would it + flannel (gotta love my bird print) + undershirt keep me warm in ~20F?

I might be naive being from the SW, but I used to do construction in 30 degree weather – there is no way that would keep you warm if you're doing anything besides walking from a building to your car. It's not a winter-weight jacket – it's a poly fleece.

Anyone with experience with the Hooded Interliners? Is the one size big enough for most sizes? Thanks!

Potentially be too small for an XXL (width-wise, at least), but I'm typically a M, have it on the smaller button fastening point and there's a lot of room under it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads