Engineered Garments FW 14

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jun 27, 2014.

1. eskamobob1

eskamobob1 Senior member

yah. If he had said the shoulders could lose half an inch I would have said go for it, but if they are already a tad tight I think it is almost a guarantee it will get too small.

2. mbaum

mbaum Senior member

On the homespun Bedfords (Though brown ...) @CSCoHammers7 and @Drinkwaters , have you gotten the re-stock of those?

Thanks much,

Mike

3. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

@CSCoHammers7
     and @Drinkwaters

Ditto for the homespun Truman in 36W?

4. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Senior member

Not yet @mbaum. Should be any day now.

5. jcrisatx

jcrisatx Active Member

Here's what I have

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. eskamobob1

eskamobob1 Senior member

has anyone handled that fair isle knit jacket? I love the pattern and the look, but the 100% polyester worries me. I know EG doesnt cut corners, but the material is still worrying. If I got it, I would use it as an outer layer (maybe a shell over it durring snow). What do you guys think of it?

7. dixonmanor

dixonmanor Senior member

It's an extremely thick fleece, fuzzy on the inside, not fuzzy on the outside.

8. mbaum

mbaum Senior member

Thanks, Gary re: homespun Bedford.

Can anybody comment how substantial/ warm the Primaloft liner vests are?

And has anybody experienced the Field vest in khaki in the wild? Asking as I like the Primaloft khaki but the shades seem to differ substantially on Nepenthes' tumblr (Primaloft appears "beige", Field appears "olive").

Thanks,

Mike

9. mbaum

mbaum Senior member

Sweet pick ups. Congrats. Appreciate your comments on the liner vests.
    I also caved on this one and got the blue shawl collar version. It is medium think but the fleece provides strong inslualtion so it is a warm piece. inside is fleece like and sheds slightly. Outlside is more knit texture. Fit is a tad tighter than other jackets so perfect for a mid layer or more of a sportswear type of outer. In my opinion, the cut on both (Shawl and regular collar) is closer to a "buttoned" sweater than a traditional jacket and I think it might look best worn in a more casual way and unbuttoned.

Blue fair isle, in my opinion, is the colorway to get but almost sold out everywhere. Brown is not bad either though.

Mike

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014

10. eskamobob1

eskamobob1 Senior member

I'll probably go brown standard collar if I do get it. Question though. A S should fit me perfectly in the chest and shoulders while a M would leave enough room for a sweater under but still be slim fit. Which way would you go? Also, would it + flannel (gotta love my bird print) + undershirt keep me warm in ~20F?

EDIT: I like the blue as well, but I am shying away because I am starting a contest with my 32oz N&F starting Wednesday.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014

11. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

can anybody help with trying to size an andover pls? medium bedford fits me well, should i get the same in andover? (looking at the olive flannel from this season specifically..)
    thanks!

12. mbaum

mbaum Senior member

On the fair isle, you get an inch more in chest and half an inch in shoulders (See measures on TBB). Arm circumference will likely be similar. If you can, try it on: I did not like how an XL fit me compared to an L (But then again, I will wear lighter wear underneath). For some reason, I also noticed a slight sizing difference between shawl collar (appeared roomier) and regular collar (Appeared tighter) but that should not be that way and could simply be my own illusion ...

On the Andover, I recommend to go TTS: If an M Bedford fits you well, so will an M Andover. P2P and shoulder should be the same measures.

Mike

13. HOT Sriracha

HOT Sriracha Senior member

Anyone with experience with the Hooded Interliners? Is the one size big enough for most sizes? Thanks!

[​IMG]

14. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

I don't suppose you will be getting any size XXL?

15. eluther

eluther Senior member

I might be naive being from the SW, but I used to do construction in 30 degree weather – there is no way that would keep you warm if you're doing anything besides walking from a building to your car. It's not a winter-weight jacket – it's a poly fleece.

Potentially be too small for an XXL (width-wise, at least), but I'm typically a M, have it on the smaller button fastening point and there's a lot of room under it.