1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments FW 14

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Shingles

Shingles Senior member

That is also true. Measurements are your friend!

Btw, I am anywhere between XS and L in EG. (a sad, true story)
    Recommending EG to friends is really simple; sure buddy just go with XS, S, M or L and you'll be fine

2. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Thanks folks - it's a couple of years since I last tried an EG jacket (Baker) but the measurements do seem to vary a lot. I'm generally a decent fitting XL in their shirts.

3. Sonderist

Sonderist Senior member

First season shopping EG, so please forgive any stupid questions I may ask.

What is the deal with purchasing this brand? Who are some of the more prominent e-shops I could visit to buy some of the items seen on this thread (namely that shawl-collar belted sweater which looks fantastic)?

If for example I did want to order the belted sweater, am I going to have to order from Japan? Thanks!

4. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Senior member

Japanese stores tend to get deliveries in before anywhere else so people often post pictures from them on here. Shops in North America / Europe will be getting fall/winter stuff in over the next few weeks.

If there's something in particular you are after (ie. the belted cardigan) you can try emailing Nepenthes NY direct and ask them which stores will be carrying it and they can often tell you.

Also, full list of stockists here

1 person likes this.
  5. Sonderist

Sonderist Senior member

Helpful, thanks!

6. pe3brain

pe3brain Senior member

Ok this is my first season buying EG and I'm in love with the bedfod especially this season, but i'm worried as I'm 20 and in college that the bedford would be too overdressed, because people would think its just a blazer. any thoughts on this would be appreciated greatly.

7. pe3brain

pe3brain Senior member

are those two jackets in the first pictures CPOs or what?

8. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

@Sonderist, if you already know what you want and your size then give Gary or Steven a call or email, info is on the first page of this thread, they'll hook you up if theres any spares, otherwise NepNY will have info on which retailers have what you're looking for and then you can reach out to them directly

@pe3brain, some fabrics can make it look more/less serious but its mainly gonna depend on how you wear it, having said that ime to most 20 y/o's I know it'll still look like a blazer, also not sure what pics you talking'bout but the cpo's are these (theres also a grey wool hb not pictured here)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. accordion

accordion Senior member

I pretty much wore my navy one everyday during spring, it's a very relaxed blazer and if you're walking into a class where everyone's wearing sweatpants, just put the collar up and you'll look even more relaxed.

10. SirMeowly

SirMeowly Senior member

Agree with accordion. I wore EG all the time in college. Doesn't really have to end up looking that dressy IMO (although I still do wear a lot of EG in professional settings). Bedford is pretty casual. I'd say go for it.

11. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Senior member

Heads up Guys and Gals,

We've returned from the NYC market and are totally exhausted to say the least. However, EG for SS15 was amazing again and the choices were hard to make but I'm confident that we choose well.

The sad news was that I was informed that EG will have NO EXTRAS for me to pull from for your special requests. I'm truly sorry for this and I know some of you have already asked us to try to get you your desire but that's the deal unfortunately. As you know, we've started to receive our FW14 offering and we're ready to assist you as we can.

On another note, we'll be having our SUMMER SALE starting Saturday, July 26th. Early birds welcome!

Gary

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  12. slide13

slide13 Senior member

What all is on sale...EG? Workaday?

13. Phil McCrackin

Phil McCrackin Senior member

My first aw buy , grey / navy plaid shirt , hopefully here tomorrow ..
    [​IMG]

14. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

Does that mean no pre-orders for this F/W or S/S? I'll be stopping by this evening!

15. canstyleace

sad news indeed, goodbye for now cpo and bedford or maybe andover, we'll see....
    at least I'll have more time to think about pant options :foo:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  16. pe3brain

pe3brain Senior member

T

@canstyleace thanks specifically I was talking about this: http://cdn.styleforum.net/8/8d/900x900px-LL-8d081186_image.jpeg
    I'm thinking it's a bedford with a turned up collar but I'm not sure

17. APK

APK Senior member

[​IMG]

I could see myself living in this all F/W. Any stockists in the States carrying it in the above color/fabric?

1 person likes this.
  18. canstyleace

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  19. pe3brain

pe3brain Senior member

Thanks! I'll try to find a US stockist for it!