1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments FW 14

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jun 27, 2014.

1. alex99

alex99 Senior member

This season has been really successful for EG. I don't remember them ever selling out of so many things right away. We are barely in September!

Haven also got this shirt but sold out in all sizes except small. Nepenthes did not stock the flannel banded collars, but did get the other versions (I have the Khaki houndstooth and it's really nice). If you really are set on the rodeo blue, I would call Nepenthes and ask them to look out and email you if they come across one. It's a long shot but it worked for me 2 seasons ago with a tab collar shirt. They emailed me months later and told me they got one.

2. AlexanderTG

AlexanderTG Senior member

Following up on this:

Not the greatest customer service. Emails sent and messages left and finally got a hold of the SA again. Their website doesn't even have EG listed on their drop down menu but they do when you click on "brands."

Said they'll hold the gray wool hb Ghurka pants for me without a deposit after initially requesting a deposit and then never sending an invoice. Only other place selling them is Norsestore or Allan Joseph and I'm worried about getting hit with customs so I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. Not that I'm planning on busting them out in 88 degree heat, but if I get screwed and Norse sells out I'm not gonna be a happy camper.

But if it works out then there may be a good new purveyor of fine clothes in town (check the other brands. Nice stuff).

www.thecorridorstore.com

3. eluther

eluther Senior member

Because the product's made in the US, you shouldn't get hit with customs/can get them waived. I've ordered from TBB a substantial number of times and have never received a duties/customs fee.

4. AlexanderTG

^^Wow, that's very interesting. With shipping from Norway it's only about $10 more than from NJ.

Hmm.

Does TBB use FedEx?

5. eluther

eluther Senior member

1 person likes this.
  6. AlexanderTG

7. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Fedex loves charging handling fees. You're lucky if you have avoided them.

8. mbaum

mbaum Senior member

Never had an issue with ordering EG from outside the US, given it is made here. FedEx used to call me on it, asking for the address where it is manufactured. Gave them Nepenthes and had a good laugh. No handling fee for it ever.

3 people like this.
  9. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

agreed about the zero duties, just make sure when ordering eg from a non-us stockist to request the package be marked as made in usa

10. habitant

habitant Senior member

11. AlexanderTG

All good to know. Thanks, guys.

12. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

I received the size 32 Highland pant and medium 13 oz herringbone Bedford from Independence today. I'm really glad I sized up to the 32 in the Highland. The Bedford fits similar to my SS13 cotton pique one.

Here are some pics to compare the fit of the size 30 vs 32. For reference, I'm 5'10"-11", 160 LBS

Size 30:
    [​IMG]

Size 32
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  13. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Senior member

it definitely fits better.

maybe i'm boring but i find that the puffy cargo pockets just look kinda awkward..

14. mbaum

mbaum Senior member

Sizing up was the right thing ... I like the puffy cargo [​IMG]

15. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

No air conditioning?

16. habitant

habitant Senior member

I will do it today

17. AlexanderTG

Now see, those elbow patches fit where they're supposed to. :) Damn you lucky long-armed guys.

Looks great.

18. Lollie

Lollie Senior member

That Herringbone Bedford looks great. Does it fit like the SS14 ripstop Bedford? Pit to pit is bigger by an inch...

19. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

Big thanks to Alexander TG for his link in the other EG thread (I just realized there are more than one), that lead to my first EG kop.

I think a Bedford jacket is also in my future.

3 people like this.
  20. AlexanderTG

Happy to help.

Hope they work out.

Thanks to SF we cleared out all but one of Indigo's EG SS stash. Just the XS railroad shorts left. ;)

1 person likes this.