• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 14

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice pickups CD, how are the leather covered? buttons on the bedford, do them seem well glued? together or any hints of future peeling... (could always sub them with other bedford buttons but it'd be good to know)

Last edited:

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of the patched elbows?

I'm 50/50 on them. They look like they need to be worked in and worn down to match the textures of the clothing. Im guessing over time they will look much better?

It's a very soft, light faux-suede, so you are probably right. But the contrast in textures is appealing as well.

nice pickups CD, how are the leather covered? buttons on the bedford, do them seem well glued? together or any hints of future peeling... (could always sub them with other bedford buttons but it'd be good to know)

I really like the look and color of the buttons, but nothing about them shouts "superior quality" to me. No hints of peeling or chipping, etc, but I wouldn't have known they were leather on sight.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just looking at these pics is making me sweat - everything looks way to warm for LA any time of the year :(

eluther

Reaction score
Got my orange knit – it's gorgeous. There are a number of other pieces this season made from the same material – a combi vest, at least, so if you're interested in it for layering there are still options.

The fabric is 15% polyester, so the itchiness/hand is what you'd expect. Certainly not "luxe," but incredibly warm and seems like it'll be comfortable. I tried putting on in my apartment and I got warm in the 3 minutes I had it on.

Definitely could've sized down. Didn't realize quite how long it is. both in the body and sleeves. I wanted to see if I could layer something over it and the only outerwear I had available was a Penn shirt jacket – didn't work. TBB styled it under a parka so I hope to see if that's more feasible. On the other hand, it's incredibly easy to layer things underneath it.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^Are those hats proportional (symmetric around the crown)?

I am considering mailing back my hat I picked up (seen above in a few posts) directly to Nepenthes NY. I'm thinking they can just keep it since I really can't get behind the unevenness in the crown and brim.

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
Is there any EG WORKADAY items this coming season ?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^Are those hats proportional (symmetric around the crown)?

I am considering mailing back my hat I picked up (seen above in a few posts) directly to Nepenthes NY. I'm thinking they can just keep it since I really can't get behind the unevenness in the crown and brim.

I like the idea of bucket hats, but I need the large to fit my big head and there's so much volume in the crown I'm not convinced it works on me. The large circumference, but the mediums's height would be perfect.

mbaum

Reaction score
@eluther , how did you size the knit? You are usually an TTS Medium if I recall correctly?

@Cotton Dockers , You think these pieces will work in LA/ SoCal? I so think/ fear that FlyingLotus is correct. Though my stone old herringbone Barker gets quite a lot of wear during winter.

Shingles

Reaction score
@Cotton Dockers Great post, I like those kind of reviews, thanks.

@eluther I'm interested in that piece as well but very unsure of what size to order. What's your size in Bedfords etc and what size is your knit jacket? I'm an M in most EG sport coats with tendencies towards S rather than L. Also not very tall (5'9"/175 cm) so i'm afraid a medium will be too big. What's your recommendation? Thanks.

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@gettoasty one of my F/W buckets has a shorter brim in the back. I think it's to accommodate collared jackets like you said. That said, I tried on that sweater rib one that you have and it was a funky fit. I think it's supposed to be more of a newsboy.

Excited for context to post pictures of their hats. I'm hopefully getting the printed felt hat in navy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads