• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 14

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for black EG outerwear in Large, anyone want to sell?

travvvvv

Reaction score
Got my Brown 8W Cord CPO in the mail yesterday. Really nice fabric, good weight to it. I know some had some concerns over the length—you should be fine if you don't size down (can't speak for the other fabrics though).

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

eluther

Reaction score

Disappointed that not many American/Canadian retailers have picked up the cinch or Truman pants. A lot of UK stores have, but the prices...!

What's your intel on US stockists not having the Truman pants?

Lollie

Reaction score
^for anyone else interested, the list of stockists for Truman pants:

Truman Pant

- Navy Wool Uniform Serge
Bureau
Nepenthes NY
Nitty Gritty
Trunk clothiers
WP Store Brooklyn

- Brown Homespun
Frans Boone
Gentry
Nepenthes NY

- Olive 8W Corduroy
Nepenthes NY
Superdenim
WP Lavori

- Navy 8W Corduroy
Fred Segal Trend
McKilroy PTY LTD
Nitty Gritty
Superdenim

- Grey 13oz Wool Herringbone
Frans Boone

buzzlulu

Reaction score
And what about the mid brown/tobacco corduroy Truman's?

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone's seen a large black batik baker please let me know, thanks.

yesssir

Reaction score
Shameless plug but I'm selling a bunch of gently used EG items. @accordion I have a large navy batik Andover. @Cotton Dockers check out my round collar floral. Worn once.

Brattman

Reaction score
Has anyone seen any stockists (preferably North American) carrying the navy uniform serge E-1 pants? I know the Bureau has them, but those UK prices are steep.

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
Got my Brown 8W Cord CPO in the mail yesterday. Really nice fabric, good weight to it. I know some had some concerns over the length—you should be fine if you don't size down (can't speak for the other fabrics though). That certainly does look good. Is that a reflection of true colour ? Looks bit darker than most pictures I've seen of it. Also doesn't look too short.

eluther

Reaction score

Has anyone seen any stockists (preferably North American) carrying the navy uniform serge E-1 pants? I know the Bureau has them, but those UK prices are steep.

For comparison, for the E-1 pants in Olive Poplin:
  • Haven charges US$237
  • Bureau charges ~US$245

Shipping is a little more expensive, as well, but it's not like they're on a different scale.

travvvvv

Reaction score

That certainly does look good.
Is that a reflection of true colour ? Looks bit darker than most pictures I've seen of it.
Also doesn't look too short.

It's pretty close—maybe a tad dark in the photo due to low light

Brattman

Reaction score

For comparison, for the E-1 pants in Olive Poplin:
  • Haven charges US$237
  • Bureau charges ~US$245

Shipping is a little more expensive, as well, but it's not like they're on a different scale.

I'm from Canada and the the exchange rate it's closer to $300. Would just be nice to get them for a bit less.

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@yesssir - lots of good stuff in there, I will have to take a closer look.

WARNING - lots of pictures ahead!

I hope this is at least somewhat interesting to some of you, but if not I've spoilered the majority for easy skip-ability. As this is my first season buying EG actually in-season, I wanted to focus on some simple basics, buy them before they sold out, then wait to see what makes it to sale season. Here is what I picked up, more pics and a few thoughts in the spoilers:

Thick soft twill flannel in a rather bright red. Lots of cool details as always. Tried on a large in person and it was just rather big all around, so I opted for the medium and I like the fit a lot better. Looking forward to pairing this with olive fatigues and longwings/boots come fall.

Quite soft with tons of visual and textural goodness. Light brown, almost grey-ish in some light. Fit was similar to the ripstop from S/S. Really like the sleeve lining, a detail no one else but the wearer will see. I imagine this will be my go-to casual jacket next season.

Definitely the highlight and will probably get the most wear, even if most of that takes place in my house making breakfast on the weekends. I bought the same size as I wear in bedfords and while the chest is bigger, I imagine this will be worn with layers underneath, otherwise the belt allows you to cinch up any excess fabric. Pretty long sleeves and length (I'm 6'2" for reference). As mentioned above, there is a slight itchiness to it, but only against bare skin and even that wasn't too bad.

Now I can let my bank account rest while I put these away until the two weeks of mild chilliness that passes for F/W in LA.

catchh

Reaction score
What do you guys think of the patched elbows?

I'm 50/50 on them. They look like they need to be worked in and worn down to match the textures of the clothing. Im guessing over time they will look much better?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads