• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 14

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone place it? Season/make/sizing info? I know that patch ticket pocket looks familiar I just can't remember what jacket it is.

Irving Jacket for sure. Gonna guess FW10.

Agree with Steven, its the fw10 hb stripe worsted wool irving jacket, I have the matching fatigues

reg the irving, I owned one and would recommend it, it a really nice and casual 5 roll 2 jacket

reg this seasons fabrics, I'm really liking the olives (cord, moleskin and jersey knit)
also hoping the navy jacquard is as good as the grey ones from fw10 (and hopefully not as warm too) :foo:

Last edited:

nevergreen

Reaction score
some good timing as i stumbled into jackstraw and they just got their first f/w drop today. unfortunately i walked in 15 minutes before they closed so i didn't get to try on a lot but it all looked great. the moleskin navy bedford is gorgeous and feels (and looks) great with some nice stitching to add to it.

grey/navy work shirt is quickly becoming one of my favorite pieces of the season despite being relatively simple. looked great and the fit was wonderful.

the herringbone type 6 jeans looked great until i tried them on. very skinny to the point where i was i had to struggle for a second to put them on. i figured it was around a 7" hem which itself is surprisingly slim for EG but according to tbb it's only a 6.75" (on a size 30)

VCircuit

Reaction score
Anyone gotten to try on this season's fatigues? Indigo's measurements suggest they fit kind of tight, but Belfast's are TTS...

HelloFello

Reaction score

Irving Jacket for sure. Gonna guess FW10.
it's definitely fw10-fw11, but I think it looks surprisingly similarl to my Reversible Brookline jacket, the way the pockets are "sewn-on ish" to the torso, if it shows a similar styled pocket on the back side where the left hip would be, then for sure it's a Brookline, but CSCOHammers7 is right its definitely from 2010-11 era.

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
CPO in Homespun brown is pick of the season for me ..

Shingles

Reaction score
S, M, L and XL of the brown homespun Bedford already sold out at TBB. Not surprised.

El QUaG

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on sizing for Homespun Bedford this season?

I have reviewed dimensions from a couple of sites, but it obviously doesn't factor in the thickness of the fabric.

How does Homespun compare with Moleskine versus the Calvary Twill in terms of thickness?

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Homespun Medium fit almost perfect in the chest while the Moleskine fit baggy. I tried the moleskin in a small but it was too tight. The fit felt pretty off. Bought the Homespun

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone comment on sizing for Homespun Bedford this season?

I have reviewed dimensions from a couple of sites, but it obviously doesn't factor in the thickness of the fabric.

How does Homespun compare with Moleskine versus the Calvary Twill in terms of thickness?

I tried it on at Drinkwater's. I took an XL in S/S 14 Ripstop bedford. XL in the homespun worked fine for me. Bit more wiggle room for a sweater underneath- that's typical F/W EG though.

I tried emailing Nepenthes about who will be stocking certain items (considering Gary can't do pre-orders) and they told me they haven't got their master list yet. Suppose I have to wait it out.

Last edited:

Shingles

Reaction score
What's the characteristics of homespun like? The herringbone wool jackets i have from eg are pretty elastic and stretchy. Same with homespun?

@Drinkwaters PM sent.

Last edited:

Al_Bury

Reaction score
Any photos of the new Coveralls yet? I'm itching for them!

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
homespun is typically a loosely woven tweed, medium thickness, warm but breathable, also stretchy (I've had previous eg homespun baker and daiki-wwm upland)

Last edited:

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

What's the characteristics of homespun like? The herringbone wool jackets i have from eg are pretty elastic and stretchy. Same with homespun?

@Drinkwaters PM sent.

Tweed

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
Anyone know who has CPO in homespun , sized Xl ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads