Engineered Garments FW 11

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jun 17, 2011.

1. shootspeed

shootspeed Senior member

:facepalm:

2. lovelux2010

lovelux2010 Senior member

i noticed the same thing..shirt looks way different on oi polloi then on kafka, for example..pretty sure its just lighting/camera, etc
    although i do ask a lot of dumb questions so perhaps its just us.

anyone have experience buying from japan? i notice the japan stores seems to have larger stocklists, but i dont know which ones to use! i have only every bought a porter bag from rakuten but have not even received it yet..just hoping its real and does'nt get hit by customs!

EDIT: Kafka has a grey miner, and a chambray blue miner shirt (of course therre is the blue/green flannel miner as well) - but anyways - i think there are just hte plain blue or plain grey miners
    http://www.kafka.co.uk/browse/EngineeredGarments_0_376_0_de_c.html

just got my EG miner from oi polloi. good copmany to deal with, easy to get through via phone. shirt is definatlely on the ligter side as far as fabrics go..i was hoping it would be a bit thicker/heavier as winter shirts should be...just my opinion though.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011

3. slide13

slide13 Senior member

the chambray workshirt does look different on those two sites. I have this shirt from Context and in my experience their photos are the most accurate representation of what the shirt actually looks like if they truly are all made from the same fabric. Who knows though, maybe the shade of the fabric changed for different runs or something like that, would be surprised though. All have the red pocket stitching so they all look to be the FW11 version.

4. Edd

Edd Senior member

don't get it myself, interesting in what way? I think its a private joke within the EG team they ran out of fabric so just made quite literally a "shoulder peice".

I'd wear it for an hour down my local pub for £500.

5. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Rough & Tumble Ivy Jacket from Nepenthes Osaka. Anyone know more about the direction / intention of this line? Liked last summer's shirts...

[​IMG]

6. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

Just go the field parka in. Absolutely amazing. Way better than expected. I'll get some fit pics up later. It's not as heavy as I expected, which is actually a good thing because it will be more versatile.

7. wiru

wiru Senior member

The bib things are usually a reference to fishing gear, no? Not that this affects their 'wearability.' WWM had some similar items in FW09. Maybe earlier seasons as well, come to think of it.

8. alex99

alex99 Senior member

I believe it's called a "dickey". They've been around for a long time, but I don't think they are very common these days. They are supposed to add warmth without a lot of bulk. It goes very much with the EG concept of layering, so I'm not too surprised to see it in the collection. Here's a pic I found of a version for women:

[​IMG]

9. robin

robin Senior member

I have seen vintage oversleeve and dickie type layers that would have gone on top of a hunter's mackinaw coat or fishing jacket, including full sleeve versions (some of which seem to have been copied by Japanese brands like Mountain Research, see below).

[​IMG]

No idea what they're called though.

10. JRyder

JRyder Senior member

drafted into the oregon woods, an indentured serva
    As always Robin, your expert input is much appreciated.

11. Shingles

Shingles Senior member

Yes it's probably because of lighting and camera. Oi Polloi usually takes very lifelike pictures that represents the garments true colors in a good way.
    That grey miner looks stunning, how is the fit compared to the work shirts? According to OiPolloi's measurements in S is 36/38 which suggests it's a bit larger than the work shirts. I can't decide to go with an S like I use to or to go down to XS for the miner shirt. What's your opinion on this?
    I like that it is on the lighter side as I like lightweight shirts, if you want warmer / more heavyweight EG shirts I would suggest buying one of the new work shirts, I've got the blue/tan/white and multi colored flannel plaid and they are the heaviest work shirts I've tried on. Definately thick and warm.

(I don't know) but that seems likely. They do resemble wade vests alot. I remember buying my wade vest almost ten years ago from swedish fishing brand Loop, it's made to be able to wade deep so it's just about 30 centimeters (!) in lenght.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011

12. lovelux2010

lovelux2010 Senior member

not sure if you were asking for my opinion on the miner, but i will see if i can help. i am 5'7, 150 pounds but have a strngely large neck. the small fit OK, but a bit tight around the chest area for me and tight on the neck, whereas the medium felt comfortable all over and i can comfortably do up the top button. for reference - i wear an "m"in gitman and in most brands. the m in eg and gitman is by no mena s "slim"or contemporary on me, its a comfortable looking fit which is what i prefer

hope that helps. cool advice on the work shirts...i'll consider getting one. i do not know how workshirts-miners compares, sorry

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011

13. shootspeed

shootspeed Senior member

there was a fishing vest in a past eg collection

[​IMG]

good point. reminds me of the nigel cabourn jackets.

14. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

15. JRyder

JRyder Senior member

drafted into the oregon woods, an indentured serva

I was thinking the same thing,