1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments FW 09

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, May 26, 2009.

1. himself

himself Senior member

awesome scarf...

i have the popover in the reverse color of that print and it's one of my favorite shirts.

2. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

3. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

Not a fan of how they styled a lot of those looks, with the exception of a couple.

4. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

I like how the guy in the last pick did the scarf. Also, the red plaid shirt in most of the pics looks pretty good. Almost wish I had picked it up, but I've spent too much on shirts already this season.

Also, the Bird Shooter isn't bad, but I agree with JO3B, the FW07 version I liked more.

5. bye4now122

bye4now122 Senior member

Woa wait, are those all FW09 items? What's the name of the longer jacket, the wool mid thigh length one? That's unbelievable.

6. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

^^^The wool mid-length jacket in the 5th and 6th pictures from the top is the Chesterfield. Check my signature for stockists if you're interested.

7. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

How does the fit of the tab collar shirt compare to the 19c BD?

8. robin

robin Senior member

Yoox has some navy wool chesterfields right now as well.

9. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Senior member

The fit is more comparable to the Classic Shirt which is trimmer and has a standard tail construction.
    We do have some of the Gray Chambray available. Small and Medium.

How does the fit of the tab collar shirt compare to the 19c BD?

10. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

11. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

Not a fan of how they styled a lot of those looks, with the exception of a couple.

Just curious, why not? Its interesting to hear peoples thoughts on styling.

12. track309

track309 Senior member

From Dice&Dice

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Man, those Viberg boots are so oversized, very boorish.

13. snake

snake Senior member

From Dice&Dice

[​IMG]

Probably the only one I could even see myself attempting to pull off.

14. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Just curious, why not? Its interesting to hear peoples thoughts on styling.
    I'd like to hear other thoughts too. Here's some of mine: [​IMG] This almost worked, but maybe another color vest, like green (as in the shoes) or replace with a white shirt. There's just no flow with the jacket to everything else. [​IMG] The colors are good, but I'd prefer the shirt tucked in and a middle layer added. [​IMG] This is almost good too, but the pants are too baggy for the fitted jacket and a different color pocket square would be nice.

15. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

[​IMG]
    This one's great. I think the colors work well together. Might go with one of the other brighter flannels for more of a pop.

[​IMG]
    This is probably my least favorite one. The jacket just seems too formal to be worn in this way and also looks about a size too big. Look would be much improved if you just took off the jacket.

[​IMG]
    The chesterfield in this and the other photo both look a size too big and I agree with timpo that a mid-layer would help a lot.

[​IMG]
    Costumey.

[​IMG]
    Incongruous in a way that I can't even get on board with. It mixes cold/warm weather clothing as well as formal/casual. If I saw a person dressed like this without any context, I wouldn't be able to tell what kind of weather he's about to walk into or what he's about to go do.

[​IMG]
    I like this one alot. Colors are great and I don't mind the fitted top with the more relaxed bottom. Spot on in my opinion.

16. JOA

JOA Senior member

Fits from Suplex
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I love the fits/stylings of Suplex. I often try to recreate them.

[​IMG]
    This one's great. I think the colors work well together. Might go with one of the other brighter flannels for more of a pop.

[​IMG]
    I like this one alot. Colors are great and I don't mind the fitted top with the more relaxed bottom. Spot on in my opinion.

These aren't bad, but not as good as what I mentioned about the Suplex fits. I guess I find their fits simpler, which I prefer.

17. himself

himself Senior member

will any conus stockists be carrying anything from the intermediates line? especially the chinos.

18. Edd

Edd Senior member

green trousers look hideous on all them styles. Infact them khaki green style trousers shouldn't be worn with anything else besides a white t-shirt or casual white shirt. Just my opinion of course!!

19. alex99

alex99 Senior member

Quick PSA: Bloomies has 30% off EG starting tomorrow as part of their private sale (picked up the green tab collar shirt). Does anyone know if Barney's has something similar now or in the near future?

20. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Dice&Dice from Friday [​IMG] [​IMG] I like both of these fits better than any that were in the previous Dice&Dice set. I think a scarf would have been nice in the Chesterfield fit. The shawl collar puffy vest looks good. Too bad not too many US stockists (according to Mister Crew).