1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments Fall/ Winter Preview

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jun 19, 2006.

1. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

that jacket is nice, poly! i just picked up a black 19c shirt from hejfina (sale) and i am fond of it. it is very strange, though. when i wear it, i feel like i should be standing on the roof of a highrise building in a decimated city in gale-force winds, scowling. maybe holding a trident or a glowing ball of energy. in the post-apocalyptic past. underlit by gas lamps.
    So that's where that went. I was keeping track of that in hopes that it would hit the clearance section somtime. I've got the same one in white and it's one of my favorite shirts. If ours is made of the same material, it's thicker than the Newton shirts and, thus, more fit for the cold weather of autumn and winter.

2. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

yeah, i'd been watching it, too. had to buy when it went on sale.
    it IS weird, no?
    i've never had a button front like it.

3. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

yeah, i'd been watching it, too. had to buy when it went on sale.
    it IS weird, no?
    i've never had a button front like it.

Yeah. For me the button stops a little above the belt. The remaining material below are like long flaps. It is pretty unique. Haversack in Japan makes shirts similar to these, but with a flap at the collar and an extra button below bottom on this shirt.

4. digital_denim

digital_denim Senior member

Enough talking and more pics.

5. lsquare

lsquare Senior member

[​IMG]

which jacket is this one called? is there a top button to this one as well? i tried on the bedford at odin last week, sz small was awesome, but does the sizing vary b/w the coats? assuming it would be a bit bigger for this one because it is missing the lining...thanks in advance

Hey Digital_Denim,

Is that the same jacket that you have?

6. denimdestroyedmylife

7. lsquare

lsquare Senior member

Love this jacket. Actually, the whole look is great. Nice shirt. Pants are also cool.

[​IMG]

I'm just wondering if anyone here know where to get this jacket in either Boston or New York City? Also how much is this jacket retailing for? It doesn't look to be very thick so I'm guessing I would need to wear some layers of clothes in order to stay warm?

8. denimdestroyedmylife

retails for $375-ish.

if you scroll up the page, you will see poly800rock tried it on at odin NYC.

i think of the bedford as part of a layering system, so yes, you will probably have to wear stuff under/over it to stay warm in very cold temps. it IS lined with thinsulate, FYI.

9. digital_denim

digital_denim Senior member

Hey Digital_Denim,

Is that the same jacket that you have?

I don't think so. It looks a little long and boxier. While my bedford is lined also. That seems more like an overcoat than a jacket.

10. Dill

Dill Senior member

I still haven't been able to find a bedford [​IMG] All Barneys are sold out of them.

11. Ott

Ott Senior member

[​IMG]

which jacket is this one called? is there a top button to this one as well? i tried on the bedford at odin last week, sz small was awesome, but does the sizing vary b/w the coats? assuming it would be a bit bigger for this one because it is missing the lining...thanks in advance

I have this coat in a size S. I thought it was just the bedford from a previous season, but I guess not.

I had it tailored to fit my skinny ass 36 chest, but I think I might have to sell it soon- gaining 15lbs in 2 months is kind of a bitch [​IMG]