1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Engineered Garments Fall/ Winter Preview

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters OG Affiliate Vendor

I just got off the phone with Diaki Suzuki, the brains behind Engineered Garments and he said I could release the images of the Fall/ Winter collections. I have tried to upload the pdf images from my computer to SF upload area and Image Shack but have been unsuccessful. I am e-mailing them to LaGuy and he will figure out how to post them for you all to see.
    He is having a busy day a the office so please be patient, he will get to you as soon as he can. I will be taking forward orders on anything we have ordered for the store, so I recommend that you either call me with your request or pm me you phone # and I will return a call to you.
    Hope you enjoy the offering!

Best Regards,

Gary

P.S. "VOTE" www.cbs4boston.com/alist Please! Two more weeks left to the final tally and your vote could put us in first place. Thanks again!

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Okay, so here is an exclusive look at the upcoming F/W 2006-2007 Engineered Garments collection. I need the duffel in charcoal, the tweed sports jacket, and that awesome teal blue hunting jacket, all in medium. Oh, and a few of the shirts too. Perhaps I need a higher paying job. Maybe I'll panhandle on lunchbreak: help a brother out - needs new clothes [​IMG]

Fok.

Okay, there were some problems. Here is another crack at it. Okay. There are a lot of pictures, and Imageshack is doing wierd things, so you guys may be getting few pictures at a time [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior Member

hmm. looks kind of boring to me. like the hood details on the duffle coat even though i can't wear them. and the asymmetry of the cuffs on the last blue jacket is kind of cool. other than that it just looks like they put zippers in random places...

4. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

I really like the ties and the tweed herringbone jacket. The engineer (or is that pilot?) jacket with the super long cuffs looks good as well. Definitely like the colors... still very classic Americana.

5. LA Guy

Okay, all the pics are up now. Man, Imageshack was slow today.

6. cchen

cchen Distinguished Member

ehh.. not liking any of the pieces

7. LA Guy

Er, there are zips on one jacket and some of the pants. Nor seeing them all over the place. I personally like the colors and textures that Daiki uses more than anything else, and also the slightly boxy silhouette and his use of layering (I am an inverterate layerer - usually a coat over a light jacket over a hoodie over a tee for winter, in different colors and usually in highly textured materials - boiled wool, corduroy, moleskin, etc...). The teal blue color on that first jacket is pretty awesome, imo.

I find this type of heritage fashion with lots of hidden details a lot more personally compelling than the in your face stuff. I am more of a Margiela 10 fan than a Number (N)ine fan, for instance. But that doesn't make me not appreciate Number (N)ine on its own merits.

8. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Distinguished Member

That vest is badass. The BD shirts are nice, too.

Has the quick release belt become a signature piece?

9. LA Guy

That vest is badass. The BD shirts are nice, too.

Has the quick release belt become a signature piece?

I like the vest too - thought is was one of the stronger pieces, although I don't really wear vests except as layering pieces, so it would be sort of a waste. And yes, the quick release belt is *the* belt that they do.

Did you end up ordering one of the Styleforum ones?

10. LA Guy

ehh.. not liking any of the pieces

That's a valid opinion, but it would be nice to get a little more critique. Do you not like the pieces personally (i.e. the collection or label doesn't fit your personal aesthetic), or do you not like them for more objective design reasons. Just more interesting to read, y'know?

11. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Distinguished Member

Naw, I hesitated and missed out. Unlike other pieces, where I can easily see the difference in quality/styling from high-end to low, I'm really pretty satisfied with my $20-$30 belts from Banana Repub, etc. Maybe someday...

I'm not sure I could wear the vest, either (afraid I'd look like this guy), but it's still a neat piece. I could go for a full coat in that olive wool (like this Filson coat, but more like the EG color). The clothes in that pic looks like a really well put-together outfit from an outdoor store in Maine, or something. Pendleton-ish shirt, surplus items in good shape. Not sure about the scarf/cravat thing.

12. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

I totally hear what you're talking about. For me, after wearing my EG belt for along while, then looking at my older belts (including one from Versace which I thought was amazing at first), I can totally see the difference. But before I had that belt, I just bought on-sale Diesel belts and never knew any better.

13. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I totally hear what you're talking about. For me, after wearing my EG belt for along while, then looking at my older belts (including one from Versace which I thought was amazing at first), I can totally see the difference. But before I had that belt, I just bought on-sale Diesel belts and never knew any better.
    Yeah, once you've put a few months of wear into a fine leather belt and compare it against a Banana Republic one, the difference in quality is readily apparent.

14. manifest v

manifest v Senior Member

Yo Gary/Drink... whatup with the older line with the many khaki jackets? The double breasted one was awesome. Do y'all still have some of EG's 2005 Fall/Winter line in stock? Because I really don't like much of this new line.

15. amblus

amblus Well-Known Member

my favorite collection so far. i'd wear everything ... except for maybe the trench coat.