• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENGINEERED GARMENTS FALL/WINTER 2020

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
very impressed , Kafka quality service as usual .. :cheers:

C2C975EA-0F1A-4836-9073-5E74E2211991.jpeg

sungmineyo

Reaction score
Haven't bought any EG pieces for the last 4 ~ 5 years.

How does current season's FA pants fit? Huge as all other pieces?

Thanks!

wsumarine

Reaction score
Has anyone picked up a Lawrence jacket this season? How does it fit compared to Andover jackets from the last couple of seasons?

Leicher

Reaction score
Curious, aside from any with elastic (Emerson, jog pants etc.) which style is most forgiving in the top block/waist. I’ve already added a bit of my Holiday 10+lbs. Fatigues always ran quite large in the waist IME, XL/38’s measuring at 40” across some seasons. That’s about what I need now. are the FA’s or Painter pants running that large in the waist? Is one fitting larger than the other?

Thanks for your thoughts.

illiterate

Reaction score
Has anyone picked up a Lawrence jacket this season? How does it fit compared to Andover jackets from the last couple of seasons?
I'm curious about this too. Measurements seem very similar to the Andover. I got an Andover in M last season but it didn't fit too well and ended up returning it. Lawrence seems a bit more relaxed?

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't bought any EG pieces for the last 4 ~ 5 years.

How does current season's FA pants fit? Huge as all other pieces?

Thanks!

Yep. I'm usually a S in alpha sizing, I took the XS, and still have a bunch of room in the waist.

wsumarine

Reaction score
I'm curious about this too. Measurements seem very similar to the Andover. I got an Andover in M last season but it didn't fit too well and ended up returning it. Lawrence seems a bit more relaxed?

So I went ahead and picked one up from TBB. This is the best fitting EG suit jacket/blazer that I've picked up since fall of 18. I'd call it a true medium. I always have sleeve issues with EG. It often forces me to size up, but these work really well.

I hope they continue this model into the spring. I have an Andover suit I'll replace if they do.

illiterate

Reaction score
So I went ahead and picked one up from TBB. This is the best fitting EG suit jacket/blazer that I've picked up since fall of 18. I'd call it a true medium. I always have sleeve issues with EG. It often forces me to size up, but these work really well.

I hope they continue this model into the spring. I have an Andover suit I'll replace if they do.
Good to hear that it worked out. So you went with your normal Andover size? The only experience I have with the Andover didn't go too well and then I recalled a lot of people saying they've always had to size up for it.

wsumarine

Reaction score
Good to hear that it worked out. So you went with your normal Andover size? The only experience I have with the Andover didn't go too well and then I recalled a lot of people saying they've always had to size up for it.
I had to size up to larges the last couple seasons to get the Andover to work - mostly for sleeve length. I was able to go back to a size medium with the Lawrence.

Lendo

Reaction score
May have been asked in past EG threads: anyone know a source for the drawstrings they use? Would like some for the legs of some fatigues.

Jagger_On

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the dark navy cashmere melton this season? Just wondering if it is darker than the navy wool cotton flannel or even the navy serge?

I quite like the idea of the idea of getting two different navy pieces but would prefer the jacket to be darker.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
May have been asked in past EG threads: anyone know a source for the drawstrings they use? Would like some for the legs of some fatigues.
Don’t have a specific supplier, but if you’re talking about the herringbone twill pattern drawstrings (aka twill tape or HBT tape) used on the waist of the fatigues and some of the cagoules, I’ve bought them from different sellers on Etsy (narrowed down to US suppliers for faster and cheaper shipping) in different colors (natural/cream is what they seem to use often) and widths. If you’re lucky you could find some vintage ones. IIRC there are military surplus suppliers that sell them too (online). I don’t think you can find them already cut to length and the ends finished, so you may need to do that yourself. If you want to avoid to do any sewing, then maybe some wide shoelaces.

HOT Sriracha

Reaction score
Did anyone pick up the SVR Bomber jacket this season? Any comments on fit and sizing?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads