• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENGINEERED GARMENTS FALL/WINTER 2020

undertheskin

Reaction score
That parka doesn't seem to fit as oversized as others and not as long. I think you'd be fine with L or XL. The fleece lining is pretty thick this season, so keep that in mind. I've also seen some of those field parkas with quilted lining which doesn't seem as thick.

ordered both sizes via Kafka and will see how they look on me. hopefully one fits just fine. thanks for the help tho :teach:

innerpiece

Reaction score
That parka doesn't seem to fit as oversized as others and not as long. I think you'd be fine with L or XL. The fleece lining is pretty thick this season, so keep that in mind. I've also seen some of those field parkas with quilted lining which doesn't seem as thick.

Tell me more about how heavy it is? What temps do you think it would be good for? If you were to compare the lining to a soft small animal, what would it be?

illiterate

Reaction score
unfortunately both do not fit :/
that's unfortunate. what was the issue?

Tell me more about how heavy it is? What temps do you think it would be good for? If you were to compare the lining to a soft small animal, what would it be?
it's hard to explain but it's very warm and furry. I live in Canada so it gets really cold here and it would be perfect for sub zero temperatures.

edit: it's a boa lining

Last edited:

blackcheer

Reaction score
That’s how it’s meant to fit. The silhouette can be changed a bit with the belt and drawstrings

This A shape is standard with not only EG but a lot of work and military wear

Has a bit of a different history in womens wear (and non-binary clothing):

If this is your first foray into the brand and you don’t like the A shape, EG might not be for you

Both were too wide around stomach and hem while the fullness was all in the back and flared there. Did not work on me at all..

Last edited:

undertheskin

Reaction score
If this is your first foray into the brand and you don’t like the [...], EG might not be for you

I did read this quite often in the EG threads. At this point this reads like a chant or something :D

Believe me when I say I had more than one Parka and more than one from military origin before + I know a thing or two about cuts and how they work for different frames :)

This one just didn't do it for me but might work for well for you. You should try it!

illiterate

Reaction score
How did everyone size the bedford this season? I feel like I'm in between a S and M, but can never get it to work unlike the logger, benson or loiter.

Not to mention sizing charts just seem all over the place from each stockist.

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
Seasons best for me ..
4584BCD3-5BD5-4476-8B35-9A04569421EE.jpeg

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
Is anyone able to comment on the difference in fit between the carlyle and andover? I know carlyle has a drawstring/elastic waist but wondering about thigh/hem/length sizing etc.

In my experience, the Carlyle (my preferred fit) is overall more relaxed than the Andover, which is pretty much a slim straight cut. Biggest difference is above the knees where the Carlyle is definitely looser.

EDIT: thighs --> knees

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads