• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENGINEERED GARMENTS FALL/WINTER 2020

Symphony

Reaction score
I'm having trouble determining the color for all of these. It says "Olive Cotton Herringbone" but they all look pretty different due to lighting. I just want to know which is more accurate:

Bodega
Nepenthes
wellgosh
Today Clothing

I'm leaning towards the Nepenthes ones, though I'm wondering if they're all supposed to look like the Nepenthes ones since they're all the same material?

Though, I'm also debating the double cloth ones as well. Does anyone have experience with any of these?

I'm just trying to go for the pair that's more comfortable.

Last edited:

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm having trouble determining the color for all of these. It says "Olive Cotton Herringbone" but they all look pretty different due to lighting. I just want to know which is more accurate:

Bodega
Nepenthes
wellgosh
Today Clothing

I'm leaning towards the Nepenthes ones, though I'm wondering if they're all supposed to look like the Nepenthes ones since they're all the same material?

Though, I'm also debating the double cloth ones as well. Does anyone have experience with any of these?

I'm just trying to go for the pair that's more comfortable.
I would say Bodega is the closest.

illiterate

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of double cloth. I'm getting a pair of them soon in olive as well :)

ramdomthought

Reaction score
Do you have a pair?

I'm debating between these and the olive double cloth, which I'm reading gets softer over time.

Tried on the FA Olive HB Twill at Today Clothing this weekend, and have had a pair of Olive Double Cloth Fatigues since the fabric was first being used

Get the HB Twill, hangs infinitely better. I don't love or hate the double cloth, it's just so visually flat and stiff even after 60 or so washes (though it's bulletproof for sure)

Symphony

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of double cloth. I'm getting a pair of them soon in olive as well :)

yeah, that photo you linked me earlier is really pushing me toward them

Tried on the FA Olive HB Twill at Today Clothing this weekend, and have had a pair of Olive Double Cloth Fatigues since the fabric was first being used

Get the HB Twill, hangs infinitely better. I don't love or hate the double cloth, it's just so visually flat and stiff even after 60 or so washes (though it's bulletproof for sure)

ugh i wish there was somewhere in dallas where i could try them on.

you have any fit pics of either?

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have a pair?

I'm debating between these and the olive double cloth, which I'm reading gets softer over time.
I have the new fatigues in the same fabric and I love the feel of them. They’re medium weight and like random thought said, they hang really nice.

This is also coming from someone who really loves the double cloth fabric.

Symphony

Reaction score
I have the new fatigues in the same fabric and I love the feel of them. They’re medium weight and like random thought said, they hang really nice.

This is also coming from someone who really loves the double cloth fabric.

fit pics?

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a winner:

Kafka has a nice buy this season. I might have to spring for one of their special work shirt makeups:

grayfox

Reaction score
For pants I much prefer HBT to double-cloth. Sits so much better.

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, that photo you linked me earlier is really pushing me toward them

ugh i wish there was somewhere in dallas where i could try them on.

you have any fit pics of either?
Here's a bad picture for ya. I have the long logger in the same fabric and it goes good as a 'suit.' :)
IMG_6329.jpg

You honestly can't go wrong with either fabric though.

Symphony

Reaction score
Okay, wait. So in regards to the FA pants lmao:

So when y'all say sit better, what exactly do you mean? Like it drapes good? They're not as stiff or something?

I just don't wanna get them and then have to wait another week if I want the olive double cotton ones as well lmao

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads