• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENGINEERED GARMENTS FALL/WINTER 2020

El QUaG

Reaction score
I went to Jack Straw to pick up my new Western Shirt from getting alterations (beautiful make-up, simple elegance - one of the best EG pieces in recent memory.) While we were there, this FWK dress from SS20 caught my wife's eye and she immediately wanted to buy it (to my complete surprise). It seems like after hearing me talk endlessly about EG and menswear for years I've worn down her apprehension and subconsciously conditioned her to like EG.

View attachment 1461821

Unfortunately, they didn't have her size left. She instructed me to find the dress for her, to which I replied like a good husband "Yes baby". As we drove home I contemplated the side effects of enabling her to take the first step into the endless abyss of coppin jawnz. I don't think she is ready for the thrill and agony that this life can bring, nor is my bank account capable of such adjustments, but as the great modern poet, Aubrey Graham, once quipped "You only live once".

Therefore brethren, here lies my question: who stocks Engineered Garments women's pieces these days?

I am aware of:
- Jack Straw
- AB Fits
- Nepenthes NY
- Epitome
- Envoy
- Indigo and Cotton
- Blue Button Shop

This is about the extent of my findings. Who else has the inside scoop on some stores (preferably North American) that carry the womens line? In exchange for your help, I promise to give your post a heart eye emoji .

Thanks!
Blake

Epitome and Envoy are by far the best stores to find FWK. Similar to how The Bureau Belfast stock a tonne of mainline.

Side note: EG don't even use FWK or Fenwick on the labels anymore sadly - it is differentiated by a white on white label which is a subtle difference from the mainline.

My missus is a size 2/3 so you won't ever find anything except for Size 1 in Japan - trust me, I have been waiting for anything to drop. Not much FWK ends up on Yahoo Japan - maybe women hold onto their clothes moreso than male counterparts.

I have bought a lot of stuff for my partner over the past 3-4 years. Nowlet (long since closed) was intially a great starting point to figure out sizing for her, and stocked all sorts of gear from 2014-15 (when I purchased in 2017) - they also had a lot of obscure releases for men as well actually.

I would recommend checking:
Bodega (always on discount it seems)
FWRD
Farfetch (used to feature a lot more)
YOOX (always has a few items available in weird sizes)
BlackBlue (used to be a great spot for FWK)
Odessa (a limitedrange)

I know for a fact, EG are doing less and less FWK (or womens specific stuff) every season. Not sure of the reason. EG instead size down all the mainline stuff to XXS/XS/S to cater for women of smaller frames. It's not the same sadly. Women benefit from a different fit for shirts and jackets.

benjamin77

Reaction score
I went to Jack Straw to pick up my new Western Shirt from getting alterations (beautiful make-up, simple elegance - one of the best EG pieces in recent memory.) While we were there, this FWK dress from SS20 caught my wife's eye and she immediately wanted to buy it (to my complete surprise). It seems like after hearing me talk endlessly about EG and menswear for years I've worn down her apprehension and subconsciously conditioned her to like EG.

View attachment 1461821

Unfortunately, they didn't have her size left. She instructed me to find the dress for her, to which I replied like a good husband "Yes baby". As we drove home I contemplated the side effects of enabling her to take the first step into the endless abyss of coppin jawnz. I don't think she is ready for the thrill and agony that this life can bring, nor is my bank account capable of such adjustments, but as the great modern poet, Aubrey Graham, once quipped "You only live once".

Therefore brethren, here lies my question: who stocks Engineered Garments women's pieces these days?

I am aware of:
- Jack Straw
- AB Fits
- Nepenthes NY
- Epitome
- Envoy
- Indigo and Cotton
- Blue Button Shop

This is about the extent of my findings. Who else has the inside scoop on some stores (preferably North American) that carry the womens line? In exchange for your help, I promise to give your post a heart eye emoji .

Thanks!
Blake

here:

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
Thank you for all the tips @blackcheer @winston86dit @Drinkwaters @benjamin77 and the detailed breakdown @El QUaG

Here's another question: while in Jack Straw I asked John (owner) if a Size 1 would fit my wife, he quickly said "Oh no, she would be a size 2 or maybe 3". As a result, we didn't try on the dress. I've been poking around the sites you all provided and can't seem to find any sizing information though, but it seems like all the models are wearing Size 1.

As seen here in Size 1 (with a similar body type to my wife):
1600786421577.png

Therefore, do any of you have experience with the sizing for the BD shirt dress? It seems like it's a relatively generous fit, which can be altered by the cloth belt. I understand there may be an "intended fit", but I think a slimmer / more traditionally feminine fit would be the goal. Basically, I am internally debating if I should go back and get her the Size 1 at Jack Straw. Any advice?

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've found most FWK EG pieces to fit pretty generous and that one looks no different. Could be worth going back and copping.

I mean, happy wife.....

sicarii77

Reaction score
Anyone have an idea why retailers aren't carrying XS in jackets, namely the Bedford and NB?

illiterate

Reaction score
Most of those sizes are reserved for Japanese retailers.

BlakeRVA

Reaction score

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Independence recently closed their brick & mortar in Chicago and moved to the Oak Street Bootmaker showroom for an appointment-only model. I think they're fighting to keep the lights on.
That's too bad. It also makes sense as they've been nearly impossible to get ahold of.

El QUaG

Reaction score
@BlakeRVA Definitely give Size 1 a try and see how you go! Much like EG mainline, sizing varies from season to season. The missus has a Shirt Dress from SS20 in Navy CL and the fit is a lot roomier than previous seasons. So there is a good chance Size 1 might work.

I can also confirm SCULP is worth checking out. I have never purchased from Korea. They have a huge selection for both mens and women.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads