• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENGINEERED GARMENTS FALL/WINTER 2020

Jagger_On

Reaction score
Okay, wait. So in regards to the FA pants lmao:

So when y'all say sit better, what exactly do you mean? Like it drapes good? They're not as stiff or something?

I just don't wanna get them and then have to wait another week if I want the olive double cotton ones as well lmao
Buy both and return the ones you like least? Or just buy my ripstop ones I was speaking to you about, they’re clearly the best ;)

Anyways, got my first bits of the season in. Khaki corduroy FA pants and olive HBT field vest.

CE52C6AF-5816-47EE-8225-3A071AE1DBEC.jpeg

35F2B301-2E36-4F86-8CB7-90953896131D.jpeg

Jagger_On

Reaction score
Those pants looks super comfy and that vest is sick

Yeah the corduroy is really great, will be lounging around in them all winter. I think the field vest might be my favourite vest this season. Not feeling the long fowl vest at all even though the colours look great in a couple of them and I loved the game vest. Tempted to grab another field vest down the line, the fake melton looks pretty cool.

Is that a Kafka special shirt? Looks sweet.

Phullyman

Reaction score
What size did you get?

I got a S. I tried on the M and normally I don't mind being the waist being a little baggy, but everything thing else like the thigh length and hem was way to baggy. My small measures at 16.5 and sits right at my belly button.

Yeah the corduroy is really great, will be lounging around in them all winter. I think the field vest might be my favourite vest this season. Not feeling the long fowl vest at all even though the colours look great in a couple of them and I loved the game vest. Tempted to grab another field vest down the line, the fake melton looks pretty cool.

I love the fake melton but man 350 for a vest is crazy to me. Maybe I'll wait to end of season sales haha.

Yea its the Kafka shirt! Found it on the bay for like 100 bucks!

PocketOfTies

Reaction score

Do you find the field vest a bit oversized as well? Trying to figure out if I should size down one from my normal given the recent oversized collections

illiterate

Reaction score
I'd say TTS or maybe even size up once if you want to layer it on top of stuff.

Jagger_On

Reaction score
Do you find the field vest a bit oversized as well? Trying to figure out if I should size down one from my normal given the recent oversized collections

Yeah. I bought a size down last season as I couldn't find my normal size and was happy with the size. Went with the same size in this one.

Feels like I've had a different experience to @illiterate as I don't think I'd have to size up one to layer over a jacket. Depends how you want your EG to fit, I guess. I think most folk can probably take two sizes in current EG depending on how they want it to fit.

PocketOfTies

Reaction score
Yeah. I bought a size down last season as I couldn't find my normal size and was happy with the size. Went with the same size in this one.

Feels like I've had a different experience to @illiterate as I don't think I'd have to size up one to layer over a jacket. Depends how you want your EG to fit, I guess. I think most folk can probably take two sizes in current EG depending on how they want it to fit.

Got it - thanks both!

illiterate

Reaction score
Are you telling me you wouldn't want FA pants when escaping into the wilderness? With all those pockets???

illiterate

Reaction score

blackcheer

Reaction score
Here’s a nice fwk work shirt in size 1 on zenmarket:

Could check measurements and compare to get a sense of sizing

Lots more fwk on zenmarket too

Thank you for all the tips @blackcheer @winston86dit @Drinkwaters @benjamin77 and the detailed breakdown @El QUaG

Here's another question: while in Jack Straw I asked John (owner) if a Size 1 would fit my wife, he quickly said "Oh no, she would be a size 2 or maybe 3". As a result, we didn't try on the dress. I've been poking around the sites you all provided and can't seem to find any sizing information though, but it seems like all the models are wearing Size 1.

As seen here in Size 1 (with a similar body type to my wife):
View attachment 1463135

Therefore, do any of you have experience with the sizing for the BD shirt dress? It seems like it's a relatively generous fit, which can be altered by the cloth belt. I understand there may be an "intended fit", but I think a slimmer / more traditionally feminine fit would be the goal. Basically, I am internally debating if I should go back and get her the Size 1 at Jack Straw. Any advice?

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
Missed connection

We bumped into each other twice in Seattle back in January 2019. You spotted me at Green Lake and commented on my Golden Bear bomber before hurrying off in your workout attire. Then, we bumped into eachother again the same day at night, outside of QFC in Capitol Hill. You recognized me and reminded me we saw eachother earlier that day. You had since changed into an EG Gray Animal Print Bedford (iirc) and I commented on this. We briefly shook hands and exchanged names before parting ways.

You were about the same size as me (5'6" - 5'9" idk), Asian man, perhaps in your late 20s. This is a hail mary, but then again how many men can ID a Unionmade exclusive coat from 2013? You've probably read Styleforum before. Anyways, we should be friends. Our friendship would consist of a seasonal trip or two to Jack Straw and Glasswing. Please get in touch if you indeed wish to be friends.

Cheers,
Blake

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads