• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ENGINEERED GARMENTS FALL/WINTER 2020

Symphony

Reaction score
I’m selling my fall winter olive herringbone FA pants in size large. DM me if any of you were interested.

lineate

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with having EG pieces tailored?

I picked up a herringbone cotton Bedford this season. I’m 6’2” and slim and actually ended up buying a small. It fits nicely but still has enough room to see the shape of the thing.

The sleeves are a bit short, but there’s a full inch of fabric inside which could be let down. Any do anything similar?

trancebepopulate

Reaction score
I did that once with an older Bedford - let the sleeves out about .75" Take it a tailor though and they'll let you know for sure what you can get away with.

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with having EG pieces tailored?

I picked up a herringbone cotton Bedford this season. I’m 6’2” and slim and actually ended up buying a small. It fits nicely but still has enough room to see the shape of the thing.

The sleeves are a bit short, but there’s a full inch of fabric inside which could be let down. Any do anything similar?
With a cotton Bedford I imagine you’ll be able to see the original stitch marks but depending on fabric color/your fastidiousness that may not be too much of an issue.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
FYI... Sale starts tomorrow

lineate

Reaction score
I did that once with an older Bedford - let the sleeves out about .75" Take it a tailor though and they'll let you know for sure what you can get away with.
Thank you!

With a cotton Bedford I imagine you’ll be able to see the original stitch marks but depending on fabric color/your fastidiousness that may not be too much of an issue.
Yes, I’ve had that issue with a cotton jacket before. The tailor tried to warn me, but I didn’t care too much. The visibility of the old stitch marks decreased over time and it all ended up good.

Thanks again!

InsulaTergum

Reaction score
Picked up a Madison parka for under $250 which feels like a steal. A bunch of sizes and colors are still available.

deeman

Reaction score
Picked up a Madison parka for under $250 which feels like a steal. A bunch of sizes and colors are still available.
Nice. Which colour did you go for? I grabbed Black in the Bureau sale. They’ve made further reductions too 🙂

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.