1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments Fall / Winter 2013

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by shoreman1782, May 17, 2013.

1. Lollie

Lollie Well-Known Member

^Curious to know too. Hesitating between M and L for EG shirts....

2. El QUaG

El QUaG Well-Known Member

^ I'm keen to know as well! Been on the fence with this all season, as the measurements online suggest needing to size down.

For example, model from Haven (6'0" tall, weighs 165lbs/75kg) is wearing a size S.

It would semi explain why size S is difficult to find online!

3. Fycus

Fycus Well-Known Member

most japanese stores only stocked xs-m, if it runs smaller they tend to include large as well so my guess is that it runs a little larger. just hoping the sides arent too short since i sized down to medium.

4. catchh

catchh Well-Known Member

I noticed that most models will model a size smaller though so it gives off that perfect fit look which the majority would want but to me EG is meant to be more relaxed or at least thats the way I enjoy to wear it.

1 person likes this.
  5. umonku

umonku Active Member

I have the yellow tattersall in a M. After two washes it measures:

S2S (across front): 17"
    P2P (across front): 21"
    Length (bottom of collar to back hem): 30"
    Sleeve (shoulder seam to end cuff): 25 1/8"

Its certainly not oversized, but I would say the 19th c. shirt runs more traditional in size and shape than some of their other offerings. The sleeves and waist in particular are definitely not slim. That said, I would still stick with your usual size and embrace the relative freedom of movement this cut provides.

On a side note, I happen to think this shirt looks much better tucked in, and yet I always see it modeled/styled un-tucked...?

1 person likes this.
  6. mbaum

mbaum Well-Known Member

Thanks, Fycus. If it arrives and is 22" to 22.5" and you don't like it, I will gladly take it.

Others, thanks for measurement. I think it might depend on season. I saw some on eBay, where the M was described as 21" PtP, but again, that was from a previous season.

Umonku, is yours the current season?

Mike

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  7. thonez

thonez Well-Known Member

I too would cop a tattersall if I could figure out if I need L or XL.. usually take a 23-24 w/ back yoke

8. Fycus

Fycus Well-Known Member

IIRC the tattersall this season is around 22 for a medium, 23.5 for large, not sure if they even made xl. Semi unrelated, I have a 19c broadcloath in large new with tags that is too big on me. I tried washing it to shrink but it remained the same size. Would give it to an EG fan for $55 bones shipped in the CONUS.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  9. Shingles

Shingles Well-Known Member

Fuck. Was gonna grab both the white and blue tattersall in small from the mens market this weekend and now they're both gone. That's what you get for sleeping on them for too long.
    And yes, the 19th cent. bd runs big this season, I too had to go down from medium to small.

Now anyone knows where I can find the white one as I've already found the blue? Thanks (again) in advance

10. thonez

thonez Well-Known Member

Hmmm might just have to bite the bullet on the large then as a 23.5 would be perfect. Haven does have XLs in tattersall (might be last season though?).
    Do you have p2p on that shirt? What cloth is it?

11. Fycus

Fycus Well-Known Member

If its part of haven's stock, its definitely this season. It's a heavy oxford cloth.

12. about11oclock

about11oclock Well-Known Member

I was wearing the navy flannel/red polka dot lafayette shirt at a party this weekend, and guy stops me mid conversation to go, "I'm sorry, but are you wearing your pajamas?". It made me really happy.

4 people like this.
  13. mbaum

mbaum Well-Known Member

Ha, you should wear matching pants (Secret EG AW14 development prototype below).

Similar thing happened to me on a date, wearing the black/ brown flannel Lafayette: Date touches shirt, date thinks it is so soft, date wants to steal and wear as PJ ... That was a good date!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. Shingles

Shingles Well-Known Member

Been wearing the black floral printed corduroy cinch pants this weekend, two friends thought they were really cool, two other friends asked if I had pyjamas pants on, while a colleague thought it was marijuana printed on them. Btw thanks to Gary for the marijuana pyjamas pants, they are obviously a big hit. :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  15. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Well-Known Member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

2 people like this.
  16. Lollie

Lollie Well-Known Member

Asked Haven about EG shirts and their model wearing a size small. This is what they answered : "Engineered Garments sizing runs larger. I recommend purchasing a size down from what you would typically wear". Also said to look at their measurements...which are different from the Bureau's. So ya.

17. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

:uhoh:

2 people like this.
  18. Fycus

Fycus Well-Known Member

EG Button Shawl

[​IMG]

EG Fatigues

[​IMG]

1/1 Sample EG Blazer (Might be FS...)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Detail Shots
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. Cedric Plumey

Cedric Plumey Member

Hi guys,

I saw there were great deals on themensmarket http://themensmarket.com/brands/Engineered-Garments.html

I was looking for black pants for a while and my size is still here ... Unfortunately they don't ship to Europe (I'm located in France).

I was wondering if one of you could get the items shipped to me in France, I would obviously pay for shipping and add extra $.

Please help a desperate guy who is striving to get his hands on this Matt Pant.

Please send me a message if you're willing to, thanks in advance.

List of items in which i'm interested :

http://themensmarket.com/engineered-garments-long-sleeve-button-down-shirt-blue/ size MEdium

http://themensmarket.com/engineered-garments-twill-cargo-matt-pants-black/ size 32 Or ...

http://themensmarket.com/engineered-garments-reversible-cotton-wool-polka-dot-pants-black/ size 32 too.

Thanks again

20. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Well-Known Member

Man, those prices are crazy for what seem quite early in the sale period. Over half off everything they have.

While I'm here I just wanted to put a shout out to the guys at Drinkwaters, Bodega and Gentry for some recent items I ordered. Everyone knows the awesome service from Gary but Gentry and Bodega were also really great (once Bodega answered my initial mail). Took 2-3 days for the items I ordered to get to the UK.

If anyone is thinking about the Lafayette jacket, I'd jump on it if I were you. I really dig it and it's possibly my favourite piece that I've bought this year.