1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments Fall / Winter 2013

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by shoreman1782, May 17, 2013.

1. xander_horst

xander_horst Senior member

^sarcasm? I thought those guys were doin' alright. Anyways, Daiki, if you're out there, let's rap about the Brookline.

2. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

I sold the fw09 dark navy (almost black) melton wool one when I moved south, been looking for the brown cord ever since.

Context had charcoal in xs, sold out now though.
    Agree that grey was nowhere to be seen stateside, but didnt you order it through Gary?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  3. El QUaG

El QUaG Senior member

I have a large ish head as well (7 1/2) with short hair.

I have found size large to be just big enough to fit me, in particular the adventure hat from SS12. The one with multiple button up pockets.

I tried on the anchor print bucket cap from SS13 and it was super tight. Cannot recall if it was one size fits all, or a size medium.

Hope this helps!

4. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

Own two buckets- I am 7 1/4 and The M is snug. My guess is the L might be pushing it for you but worth trying on if you can access them in person.

5. Knight

Knight Senior member

Large will be just fine for you mate, the bucket hats this season are made from fabrics that tend to give room [sweater knit wool, corduroy, melton wool etc] i have the navy wool camouflage one from FW12 and the Medium was quite roomy still. My avatar shows me wearing an adventure hat from SS12 in a size large.

Has anyone purchased a Cruiser Jacket this season? I'd love some insights on fit, true to size or size down? Im hearing mixed recommendations. Thanks in advance and sorry if this topic has been covered earlier...

6. thonez

thonez Senior member

Damn missed the xl black oxford workshirt at odin :-(

7. Scott Stevens

Scott Stevens Well-Known Member

EG tell me the Nyco ripstop is not water-resistant and Inventory say there is a significant difference between nyco ripstop and 60/40 fabric. I think a 'big' winter outerwear jacket should at least be water-resistant, pointless really.

8. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

Also interested in this, the the astronomical retail price is gross :/

9. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

the ripstop nyco on the field parkas is fine for snow. you don't really need something that water resistant for snow, tbh. i wouldn't wear it snowboarding or in heavy rain, though. EG isn't technical wear and doesn't really pretend to be.

10. Scott Stevens

I don't expect technical outerwear, I know that's not their field. However, they could give the ripstop waterproof treatment for water-resistance. Makes sense for hooded winter outerwear.

11. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Senior member

If you want your parka to have some water repellency either take it to your dry cleaner and have it proofed or buy a can of 3M Scotch Guard and apply it yourself. Remember, like silicone spray for your shoes, you should keep the can about 12 > 15 inches away from the garment and mist the garment, moving around it quickly. Let that treatment dry in and give it another application. The more you put into it, the greater the efficacy.
    This is a heritage brand and EG is determined to keep that aspect of it to its original character.

1 person likes this.
  12. Scott Stevens

I will probably do that. Waterproofing using wax and oils goes back hundreds of years, it is something I'd like to see EG explore in the future.

13. HOT Sriracha

HOT Sriracha Senior member

Thanks guys for the info!

14. eusticity

eusticity Senior member

it couldn't come through i guess

yeah, the charcoal did not seem pretty to me until i saw it lit here: http://www.takanna.com/item/tq-154/
    & by then it was too late :(

15. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

If mine ends up being too warm for socal, you got dibs.

16. eusticity

eusticity Senior member

:) :D :colgate:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  17. catchh

catchh Senior member

*edit* posted in the SS14 thread.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  18. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Senior member

19. catchh

catchh Senior member

20. dogmoney

dogmoney Well-Known Member

and missed the mainline fatigues.. Anyone seen a large pair around anywhere?