1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments Fall / Winter 2013

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by shoreman1782, May 17, 2013.

1. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

In the same boat size wise but went with the 28 as I use them most as a suit pant, have normal thighs and prefer the slimmer silhouette, but if I were to wear them as casual pants alone I could easily size up to the 30 and cinch them down, just really dislike the bunching + saggy ass effect due to cinched up extra material in the back.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  2. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Senior member

Think its fw 11. Don't think it has a zipper, though I could be wrong

(secondstage pics)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Link:
    http://secondstage.blog.ocn.ne.jp/blog/2011/10/over-parka----1.html

1 person likes this.
  3. El QUaG

El QUaG Senior member

[​IMG]

A few online stored stocked these, including TBB and maybe Inventory. Good luck trying to find a 30 or 32 though! They feel completely different to SS13 version of the trousers. Thicker but with a loose weave to the fabric, but quite a hard wearing material. I reckon this will be something I will wear for many many years to come and still look great.

I fall right into this category ! :embar:

I tend to wear cinch pants a bit higher on the waist with a belt and button up shirt tucked in. I tend to leave the rear cinch firm but not tight despite my less-than-full seat. Cinch pants I wear fitted (not tight) since the cut of the pants lends itself to more "smart casual" look.

Compare this to the Fatigue Pants which are much looser all around and tend to wear them just below the waist with a couple of folded cuffs to site nicely over shoes.

4. canstyleace

Got a semi from ^ pic.

5. El QUaG

El QUaG Senior member

Further styling by Haven store in Canada who have stocked EG for the first time this season.

Over Park - Nyco Ripstop
    Work Shirt - Corduroy Printed Plaid
    USN Pant - Cavalry Twill

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Coverall Jacket - Wool Uniform Serge
    Work Shirt - Cotton Plaid

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. lawlercon

lawlercon Senior member

There is no back zipper on the over parka, just waist draw strings on the inside. The new FW13 one is the first one to incorporate that back zipper, which is cool, but I don't really know how functional it would be other than riding a bike with it zipped up a bit.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  7. Shingles

Shingles Senior member

Easier to get on and off though (obviously)

8. canstyleace

and maybe regulate heat better as well (unzipping instead of having to take it off completely when it gets a bit warmer).

IMHO side zips on this would be way better though, easier to access pant pockets and zip/unzip by self.

9. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

those over parkas look cool but just seem so impractical :/

10. lecauchemar

lecauchemar Active Member

Thanks a lot guys.

Without that zipper It would indeed be harsh to put it on/off so I think I won't purchase it. And the fit appears to be loose when compared to the FW13 version.. What do you think ?

I agree, a side zipper would be perfect.

11. Shingles

Shingles Senior member

Agree. For me, that goes with pretty much all clothing, I hate normal sweatshirts because of that and mostly only buy cardigans with buttons instead, which I also think looks better too.

That 3 color block beach parka had a side zip didn't it, or was it another jacket from the summers collection?

12. dixonmanor

dixonmanor Senior member

I tried on the current NyCo Over Parka at Jack Straw in Seattle a few weeks ago and the fit is really incredible. It fit me exactly like those picks from haven. The zipper helps to get it on and off, but because it is relatively fitted it was pretty difficult even with the zipper all the way unzipped. IT seemed like an ideal piece for wearing in cold, dry weather, where you could layer lightly enough underneath to never have to take it off. So yes, sort of impractical.

13. lecauchemar

lecauchemar Active Member

The current version is obviously slimmer than the FW11, however I thought the zip would allow to put it on/off easily, unfortunately it does not appear to be the case... Sadly I'm going to pass.

The 3 block jacket from this summer had a side zip yes.

Does anybody know where I can find the Field Parka from this season in Olive ? I haven't seen it anywhere...

14. JOA

JOA Senior member

Anyone know who's carrying the navy canvas Fatigues? Need Supply had them but are now out. Appreciate any leads.

15. slide13

slide13 Senior member

I've looked and Need Supply was the only place I found them. Nepenthes might be able to tell you somewhere else that ordered them. Great pants this season...I have the black, brown, and olive sateen. Kinda wish I had the navy to round out my collection.

16. 45bur

45bur Senior member

Working Title Shop in toronto

17. canstyleace

How to size eg x mckinlay's?
    I know workhorseblues would now about this but havent seen him around that much lately, anyone else that could chime in please.... tia.

18. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

does anyone have a good stock list of EG?

19. catchh

catchh Senior member

Check my sig.

20. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

thank you

:fistbump: