• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dino19

Reaction score
^ Added a couple of the SS14 jackets to my wishlist.

Seems like apron is gonna be the in thing again.

El QUaG

Reaction score
Purchased the current season Andover in Navy wool at Start London. The medium fit perfectly for me, especially when compared with AW12 release which was too long in the arms and wider in the chest. It was just too heavy/thick for Sydney climate. The inner lining of current season model is also a white on black polka dot, rather than the paisley of last year. Overall the weight is also much much lighter, and I feel would be more versatile for more months in the year.

Herringbone wool Bedford is a little wider in the body, as mentioned previously, and the colour is much darker than AW13.

Start London reduced their current season delivery due to delays with receipt from EG, and furthermore, will not be getting in any more EG after this season unfortunately. EG require all retailers stocking the brand to visit seasonal showings in NY as they no longer do any shows in Europe. For some retailer in UK/EU, this is simply not practical or affordable.

US Grant

Reaction score
Anyone seen a XS shawl pea coat? I can't help but be a 36s and feel as I'd be swimming a bit in a straight small. I'm a solid XS in all EG, Andover/Bedford '12, workshirts '09-13. Any help appreciated!

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you mean the salmon people pea coat?

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I saw several salmon people pea coats today but I havent seen that dark navy one irl, its gonna be one hell of a toasty coat though in 24oz melton.

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score

Both those look excellent, can you share chuck norris stats for fit reference, and is he also wearing a small in the driver? Tia.

chuck norris huh? ill have to let him know. He's got a small on in both coats. I dont know his measurements but id say the driver is a pretty true to size fit. I can get p2ps on any coat there if that would help

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A young chuck norris....
And P2P-S2S on the small driver would be greatly appreciated.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
another drop at nepenthes. super bummed i (still) don't have the funds for an andover.

http://nepenthesny.tumblr.com/post/62720537545/in-stock-engineered-garments-fall-winter-2013

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
too bad i look like shite in the andover otherwise i'd buy. anyone know if they are going to release any more new workshirts for this season or is this it?

xander_horst

Reaction score
When will the FW13 season be "completely dropped"? Feels like it's being staged longer this year.

JRS1979

Reaction score
Is the concensus to definitely go true on the Herringbone Bedford?

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went true to size. It fits bigger than a lot of Bedfords. I have a large and I typically wear a large in workshirts and the like (though this seasons chambray fits big and so I sized down to medium this season). I've tried on the serge wool and would need an XL in that so the HB definitely fits a little more generous.

mbaum

Reaction score
Is the concensus to definitely go true on the Herringbone Bedford?

Not really. I would need to downsize the HB Bedford to an M from my usual L, but am an L in this season's Serge Wool Bedford. Both, in their respective sizes, fit spot on so I am a bit weary of online measurements that puts them very close together. If you can, jump into one or order both sizes and return the one that does not fit.

I had to do some downsizing this season with EG (Lafayette flannel, work shirt, etc.) and it is not because my gym routine picked up ...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads