• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lawlercon

Reaction score

That sucks - I'm waiting for their drop to go online so I can use a giftcard. I emailed them to see when they would be putting it up but they never responded. I guess I'll call them today and find out what the deal is.

They are stocking EG, they probably took it down while they put FW stuff up. I just spoke w/ them a few days ago.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool, not that their buy is ever exciting (so its really NBD), but the deilvery is really late.

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score
I've finally gotten around to shooting our second delivery in some fair lighting; some are a bit shady but the colors are fairly well represented (which has been difficult for the first coat)

Reversable Bal Coat in Navy Sateen & Navy Wool

This thing is excellent. the fit is pretty generous from the chest down with fitted shoulders, sort of the expected triangle fit EG often runs with. each side has two front pockets with one additional rear/side pocket, and the sateen side has an extra button pocket just above the others. both fabrics are incredible, though I find the sateen to be particularly outstanding (which is nice, because the wool acting as a lining is probably better for insulation. above photos are a small but with some layers; a denim shirt, and a hybrid sweater/sport coat as pictured below.

Knit Jacket in Navy

Simple piece here, very deconstructed, square cut jacket. short length, good for layering - think more cardigan than blazer, though it does have 3 patch pockets.

Black NyCo Drivers Jacket

Here's a sleeper. 50/50 Nylon Cotton Blend - really gorgeous fabric. feels kind of like a parka or a backpack, but the grid gives an interesting texture to an otherwise straightforward piece. Corduroy detailing on the collar and throughout the inside, along with a paisley lining (the same they used in the sport coats) in the sleeves for some ease of wear. and then pockets! shoulder pocket, breast pocket, two side entry pockets and two back pockets, not to outshine two hidden interior pockets. this is a shorter coat but it has no shortage of utility. for me this is a standout as someone who doesn't normally wear much black due to the variation in the materials. its nice to see black corduroy, satin type lining, cotton/nylon and nylon adjusters all working together instead of one big tonal mass.

we have S-XL in just about all of these but - as usual - stock is incredibly limited so if something catches your eye hit me up ASAP! I'm happy to gather some measurements if necessary

houkah

Reaction score
Damnit i didn't really want anything from this FW until i saw that reversible bal coat. How much is that? Around what temperature would it be good down to?

lawlercon

Reaction score

I've finally gotten around to shooting our second delivery in some fair lighting; some are a bit shady but the colors are fairly well represented (which has been difficult for the first coat)

This thing is excellent. the fit is pretty generous from the chest down with fitted shoulders, sort of the expected triangle fit EG often runs with. each side has two front pockets with one additional rear/side pocket, and the sateen side has an extra button pocket just above the others. both fabrics are incredible, though I find the sateen to be particularly outstanding (which is nice, because the wool acting as a lining is probably better for insulation. above photos are a small but with some layers; a denim shirt, and a hybrid sweater/sport coat as pictured below.

Knit Jacket in Navy

Simple piece here, very deconstructed, square cut jacket. short length, good for layering - think more cardigan than blazer, though it does have 3 patch pockets.

Here's a sleeper. 50/50 Nylon Cotton Blend - really gorgeous fabric. feels kind of like a parka or a backpack, but the grid gives an interesting texture to an otherwise straightforward piece. Corduroy detailing on the collar and throughout the inside, along with a paisley lining (the same they used in the sport coats) in the sleeves for some ease of wear. and then pockets! shoulder pocket, breast pocket, two side entry pockets and two back pockets, not to outshine two hidden interior pockets. this is a shorter coat but it has no shortage of utility. for me this is a standout as someone who doesn't normally wear much black due to the variation in the materials. its nice to see black corduroy, satin type lining, cotton/nylon and nylon adjusters all working together instead of one big tonal mass.

we have S-XL in just about all of these but - as usual - stock is incredibly limited so if something catches your eye hit me up ASAP! I'm happy to gather some measurements if necessary

That black ripstop will fade incredibly well on that Driver's jacket too. Nice stuff, the Bal coat looks amazing.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Both those look excellent, can you share chuck norris stats for fit reference, and is he also wearing a small in the driver? Tia.

Last edited:

CSCoHammers7

Reaction score
And today we received:

F3C0357 / LDT Vest / Grey Wool Herringbone Windowpane S>M $400.00

We were only able to get small and medium, unfortunately... Sorry, guys! Still waiting to see what happens with the LDT Jacket in the same fabric, so hopefully in the end we'll have the full suit of the Irving Pants, LDT Vest, and LDT Jacket.

Drinkwater's Cambridge
(617) 547-2067

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to visit Drinkwater's next month when my sister's kid has her first birthday!

lawlercon

Reaction score
It's a beautiful store, and you'll find a ton of previous season EG too. I was blown away by some of the stuff still hanging out there!

deeman

Reaction score
Where is selling that EG Long Beach Parka and whats the rrp?

Cheers

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Where is selling that EG Long Beach Parka and whats the rrp?

Cheers

could be Japan only, but based on prices at second stage its in the $420-$450 range if a US store carries it. Email Nepenthes, they will tell you!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics