• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shingles

Reaction score
Pictures are coming on Monday according to nepenthes Instagram. Wonder if we'll see mismatches as on the vans and trickers...
Also curious on what models they're using. I'm hoping for 996.

Last edited:

ekimneems

Reaction score
Wow, I literally just ripped the tags off of a pair of 990 Made in USAs and can't return them. I had no idea they were doing a collab. Sucks for me

Knight

Reaction score
Pictures are coming on Monday according to nepenthes Instagram. Wonder if we'll see mismatches as on the vans and trickers...
Also curious on what models they're using. I'm hoping for 996.

Not sure what other colours are coming, but here's a small preview of what the NB's look like -- 990s by the look of them. Mismatched but tonal which is a nice mix.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you sure they are gonna be those? they didnt preview the vans in the lookbook, nevermind i guess they did. think you can buy regular 990s in these colors and get the same effect - literally.

Last edited:

Cedric Plumey

Reaction score
+ 2 for proxy, I would pay more for a US10,5, hope these are 990. PM if someone is willing to get them for me

lawlercon

Reaction score
I don't think there's are EG 990's, those are just normal NB's. I am wearing the same shoe right now.

lawlercon

Reaction score

lawlercon

Reaction score
^ that jacket is dope! i haven't even seen that before.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How do the waist tabs usually affect sizing on EG pants- ie. do the waist tabs on a 32 make them nearer 30-31in or is it more like 33-34 down to 32 with the tabs done up? Or does it vary depending on the style/season?  I'm a 31in waist (actually nearer 30" 3/4 these days) trying to work out what size would be best in USN pants or last FW's ground crew pants.  Workaday cords (which I understand fit small) are perfect for me in a 32 - but they're the only pair of EG pants I have so far so still a bit of a newb on this front.

I would go size 30

As far as the tabs go, a 34 is going to be a 34, but the tabs allow that to be snugged up a bit.

Have to disagree with that, ime marked waist size will usually be with tabs on, for instance I have size 28 and with tabs on they're 14.25" across, tabs off they're just over 15"

Last edited:

Knight

Reaction score
The storm coat looks unreal! Shame it's a small. I have an olive hooded down vest from FW11 that I'm thinking about selling not 100% on it yet. Barely wore that thing.

The NBs x EG are actually 993s and there are 24 pairs of 2 mismatched only colour ways: A light and dark grey mismatched (the ones you see pictured on the fwk model) the other is a black & navy mismatched. Sold instore only.

Also the EGxVans illusive Sk8 his come in black and white, not sure about a mismatch.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads