1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments Fall / Winter 2013

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by shoreman1782, May 17, 2013.

1. Bryan_Funfetti

Bryan_Funfetti Senior member

I have the LDT in Serge wool and it is quite a trim fit, my herringone bedford is quite boxy.

2. barrettdudley

barrettdudley Senior member

Yeah, I would get an employee discount on the jacket. Haven't seen the other colorways. Link? Grey/orange sounds legit.

3. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

Navy Colorway:
    [​IMG]
    Charcoal Colorway:
    [​IMG]
    Grey Colorway:
    [​IMG]
    Lookbook Grey LDT:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  4. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

Cansty i have bought the said jacket in xs twice already different fabrics both a bit big on me. Ended up selling both long time ago. The workshirts in xs are a bit big on me too but i wear it anyway.

I have to wear my pants with fuller legs with my workshirts anything i have that is super slim taper makes it looks like i have a huge top block with stick legs :).

5. canstyleace

I can see that with the workshirts but I'm surprised to hear about the andovers, I find them to fit me the slimmest overall (body+sleeves) out of all other eg jackets.
    So what do you do for jackets to wear with your eg? have you tried beams+ or united arrows?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  6. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

I dont wear jackets at all. I thought beams and united arrows make only sizs small

7. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

8. canstyleace

Afaik b+ & ua only have sz sm in the us but its pretty much the equivalent of eg xs (not sure if they do make xs in jp/asia market).
    I have a couple of items and highly recommend, imho b+ has a trimmer cut in their outerwear vs eg (no A cut, just slim strait) quality is on par too.

9. Yardsale

Yardsale Senior member

word, I have an andover in an XS and I'm very skinny and it fits pretty tight.

10. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

I'm normally a (western) 36 and the Andover fits perfectly in the shoulders and chest in Small.

11. 36miles

36miles Well-Known Member

The andovers usually have the closest shoulder & pit measurements which made the trimmest fit for me.
    How far should you be able to pull the chest away from yourself when buttoned?
    I've recently realized i'm xs shirt size, is it weird to be xs shirt and small in blazer?
    Smalls from a few years ago seem trimmer to me than the last two years...

12. lecauchemar

lecauchemar Active Member

Just two questions guys,

First regarding the Herringbone Bedford, just wanted to know the differences between the FW11 version and the current version in terms of fit and thickness ? I'm considering going true to size on the current one, but also i could size down on the FW 11

As for the Lafayette Polka Dot Flannel, I read here that someone sized down. Is this compulsory ? I don't necessarily want to wear it as an overshirt, that's why I dont really know.

Any help would be highly appreciated

Thanks guys

13. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

Cant answer about the lafayette shirt but im pretty sure the older herringbone bedford was only semi lined with unlined sleeves (somebody correct me if im wrong here). the newer models have lined sleeves and fit fairly slim in the body.

14. Bryan_Funfetti

Bryan_Funfetti Senior member

I have the fw 11 herringbone bedford. The sleeves are lined with the usual synthetic stuff, but the upper half of the body inside has a piece of cotton attached at the top that hangs there and acts as a bit of a liner. Hard to describe.

15. lecauchemar

lecauchemar Active Member

Thank guys.

I do understand what you mean by this piece of cotton, so the current version is prone to be slimmer than old one right ?

16. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

17. Cedric Plumey

Cedric Plumey Member

Nice, I haven't seen that polka dot andover yet, does anyone know a stockist in Europe ?

Can't wait to see other CW for that wool cruiser.

I've been told by a french retail (Antikboutik) that EG quality was not improving so they stop carrying EG.
    As far as i'm concerned I find quality very goog but i'm into EG since FW12 so I don't have enough "experience" to speak about a lack of quality.

What do you think about the quality evolution of the brand ?

18. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Senior member

19. ekimneems

ekimneems Senior member

Since I have this gift card I'm pretty much stuck with getting something that Odin got - thinking the exclusive polka dot/floral work shirt or the red miner shirt. Just waiting on XS measurements so I can confirm.

20. slide13

slide13 Senior member

their selection of exclusive workshirts is cool. I normally don't like white shirts, but that white one is kinda cool and the floral polka-dot is something else.