1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments Fall / Winter 2013

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by shoreman1782, May 17, 2013.

1. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

^ Added a couple of the SS14 jackets to my wishlist.

Seems like apron is gonna be the in thing again.

2. El QUaG

El QUaG Senior member

Purchased the current season Andover in Navy wool at Start London. The medium fit perfectly for me, especially when compared with AW12 release which was too long in the arms and wider in the chest. It was just too heavy/thick for Sydney climate. The inner lining of current season model is also a white on black polka dot, rather than the paisley of last year. Overall the weight is also much much lighter, and I feel would be more versatile for more months in the year.

Herringbone wool Bedford is a little wider in the body, as mentioned previously, and the colour is much darker than AW13.

Start London reduced their current season delivery due to delays with receipt from EG, and furthermore, will not be getting in any more EG after this season unfortunately. EG require all retailers stocking the brand to visit seasonal showings in NY as they no longer do any shows in Europe. For some retailer in UK/EU, this is simply not practical or affordable.

1 person likes this.
  3. US Grant

US Grant Senior member

Anyone seen a XS shawl pea coat? I can't help but be a 36s and feel as I'd be swimming a bit in a straight small. I'm a solid XS in all EG, Andover/Bedford '12, workshirts '09-13. Any help appreciated!

4. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

Do you mean the salmon people pea coat?

5. US Grant

US Grant Senior member

6. canstyleace

Yeah I saw several salmon people pea coats today but I havent seen that dark navy one irl, its gonna be one hell of a toasty coat though in 24oz melton.

7. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Senior member

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102

chuck norris huh? ill have to let him know. He's got a small on in both coats. I dont know his measurements but id say the driver is a pretty true to size fit. I can get p2ps on any coat there if that would help

8. canstyleace

A young chuck norris....
    And P2P-S2S on the small driver would be greatly appreciated.

9. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Senior member

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102

s2s - 17.5, p2p 20.5 on the small. pretty typical stuff. it's a great substitute to something like a levis trucker jacket or a bomber

10. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

1 person likes this.
  11. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

too bad i look like shite in the andover otherwise i'd buy. anyone know if they are going to release any more new workshirts for this season or is this it?

12. xander_horst

xander_horst Senior member

When will the FW13 season be "completely dropped"? Feels like it's being staged longer this year.

13. JRS1979

JRS1979 Senior member

Is the concensus to definitely go true on the Herringbone Bedford?

14. slide13

slide13 Senior member

I went true to size. It fits bigger than a lot of Bedfords. I have a large and I typically wear a large in workshirts and the like (though this seasons chambray fits big and so I sized down to medium this season). I've tried on the serge wool and would need an XL in that so the HB definitely fits a little more generous.

15. mbaum

mbaum Senior member

Not really. I would need to downsize the HB Bedford to an M from my usual L, but am an L in this season's Serge Wool Bedford. Both, in their respective sizes, fit spot on so I am a bit weary of online measurements that puts them very close together. If you can, jump into one or order both sizes and return the one that does not fit.

I had to do some downsizing this season with EG (Lafayette flannel, work shirt, etc.) and it is not because my gym routine picked up ...

16. Wesley Scott

Wesley Scott Well-Known Member

Has anyone picked up/tried on the knit jacket from this season?

17. HOT Sriracha

HOT Sriracha Senior member

I tried on the Herringbone Bedford at a local shop and its a great fit. Unfortunately, no local stocklist carries the Navy Serge wool. Do you guys recommend sizing up on the serge wool to fit comparable to the herringbone? Does the new serge wool fit similar to the past season Bedfords? Thanks!

18. CSCoHammers7

CSCoHammers7 Senior member

We still happen to have the Navy Uniform Serge and Wool Herringbone Bedford in my size (small) so I took some quick pics to help you guys get an idea of how they differ. I wear a size small in the Workshirt, for reference.

Navy Serge
    [​IMG]
    Wool Herringbone
    [​IMG]

Excuse my terrible cameraphone/posture.

19. mbaum

mbaum Senior member

Those shots are very helpful and exactly my experience with those two Bedfords this season: My guess is that HB is ~1 inch or so larger in shoulder, P2P which then caries all the way down to the hem and also seems a tad longer in the arm. The HB fabric also appears thicker/ substantially more voluminous which for sure contributes to the look.

Good thing with it is that sizing choice comes down to how you want to wear it: A bit more fitted or with the more EG traditional volume.

Will you (Drinkwater) guys get the grey wool flannel combo (Andover, cinch vest and pant) in, especially the wool cinch pants?

Mike

20. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Senior member

I think you guys have to understand one thing. Every fabric will make up differently and also react to the wash differently. I'm sure the pattern is the same for both, it's just how much shrink occurred after their wash process.