1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments Fall / Winter 2013

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by shoreman1782, May 17, 2013.

1. Knight

Knight Senior member

Mine was a customer order through Gary drink8648 I'd start there :) Otherwise, End are receiving it -- as well as navy duck canvas and black duck canvas versions.

I too received the long bush shirt but didn't want to share any insights as the lengthy nature of the shirt [skirting concept] wasn't too well received, but im always eager to try new things. It's the same fabric as miner shirts and shawls [heavy twill].

Also there is a Cruiser jacket this season.

[​IMG]

2. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

So I hit up nepenthes and asked about the eg collabo and only two stockists are nepenthes ny and nepenthes japan in october. dohhh! Also, thinking about letting my fall birdshooter go, never got enough wear, pm me!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  3. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

I'll probably try to get in Japan during my visit in Oct

4. lawlercon

lawlercon Senior member

What size?

5. lawlercon

lawlercon Senior member

The denim looked great, but I didn't want the "sheen" on a jacket, so I opted for this one... plus I got it on sale. I think the denim is typically 12oz and it does have a little bit of a shine to it, but after a few washes I'm sure it will age just like a pair of raw denim. I think it's worth a shot. You'll definitely get more natural wear on the denim railroader, whereas this overdyed canvas has very high contrasted fades. I'm hoping that washing it will tone them down, but it needs more wear first.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  6. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

The current Coverall comes in denim as well. But, I'm on the edge, probably like what you said. Don't look good from all the photos that I have seen, no chance to see it in the flesh.

I like the one in navy duck canvas but prefer the weight to be lighter though. Probably have to wait patiently for the SS14 collection.

7. Cedric Plumey

Cedric Plumey Member

Thanks for the hint regarding the Cruiser, I did not even notice it, I think I mixed up with the CPO Shirt. Interesting version, eager to see the other CW

8. jessicarod

jessicarod Member

I said it before, I'll say it again, black and white are soo vibrant! It says it all!

9. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

Is anybody able to proxy the eg vans for me? I'm terrified my size is gonna sell out, willing provide some compensation for the effort.

10. Bryan_Funfetti

Bryan_Funfetti Senior member

I really want a tab collar shirt, but I can't seem to find collar measurements anywhere. Anyone know what the collar girth is on a size small? I'd hate to buy a shirt with a collar I cant close.

11. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

I just got the black and the creme slip-ons through a friend. Was told to size down .5 I am going to cry if they are too small. So stoked! Will probably order the sun forager authentics thursday over the phone.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  12. adschu

adschu Well-Known Member

I got the navy in store today--I went tts to wear with socks occasionally, and they're a bit loose with my wide feet. The store said the size down .5 (the guy at the counter even reminded me...). You should be fine.

13. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

Perfect, I plan on wearing barefoot or with thin socks, so sizing down .5 should be perfect! How were the authentics? I was thinking of maybe getting the sunforger, I think they would look awesome beat up.

14. lawlercon

lawlercon Senior member

yea i'm trying to get the sunforgers too, would rather order directly from nepenthes for the free shipping + no tax, so i think i'll wait and test my luck on thursday AM.

15. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

The olive drab are excellent as well, though I did not pick up a pair--not a big authentic guy.

16. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

What are the stock sizes?

17. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

18. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

So when can one buy eg/vans over the phone?

19. ekimneems

ekimneems Senior member

I think it's tomorrow, check the Nepenthes blog.

20. 36miles

36miles Well-Known Member

Some goober already selling a pair on ebay for 130$...shameless.
    Anybody gonna grab one of the bedfords with matching elbow patches?

2 people like this.