1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments Fall / Winter 2013

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by shoreman1782, May 17, 2013.

1. JOA

JOA Senior member

Same for me--I'm a Large in the Baker.

2. El QUaG

El QUaG Senior member

I have the HB Baker from FW12 in medium for sale. For me it fits closer to a Large. Was too large for me and has been sitting in the closet ever since. Hit me up if interested!

3. Knight

Knight Senior member

Thanks for this mate. The stewart tartan plaid is real nice, sadly im a medium. I appreciate the pictures so thank you. It definitely allows room for a denim work shirt underneath.

Indigo & Cotton received some new pieces namely [my favourite piece] the Driver Jacket [last year's Deck Jacket] which appears to be much more streamlined – the boxier shape from '12 was better in my opinion.

The Vans look great I believe the sunforger and olive reversed sateen comes as a mismatch pair and not matched. At least that was the idea according to Nepenthes. Great price considering the fabrics theyre using as well!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. TWorksheets

TWorksheets Senior member

Would one of you kind American souls be willing to proxy a pair of the EG x Vans to me in Canada? I can pay you a small 'finders fee' :) Please PM me if you're feeling generous

5. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

And where are those alleged sk8 his??

2 people like this.
  6. catchh

catchh Senior member

Same for me please!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  7. IndependenceChi

IndependenceChi Well-Known Member

Hey everybody,

We got another shipment in from EG. Thought I would share photos!

Work Shirt - $185.00
    Button Shawl $90.00

As always, contact us at 312.675.2105 or by email at info@independence-chicago.com if you are interested!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

^Shawls look good in that pattern. Cotton I assume?

Shame the EGs will be in-store only at first. Hope there's enough to go around.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Shingles

Shingles Senior member

Should be cotton. The dark navy 12oz all wool is $156.

10. CSCoHammers7

CSCoHammers7 Senior member

Hey again, everyone- a little late in the day, but today we received:

F3A0790 / Western Shirt / Black Printed Floral / Paisley Corduroy $255.00 S > L

[​IMG]

F3F0257 / Irving Pant / Grey Wool Herringbone Windowpane $445.00 30>34

[​IMG]

Thanks!

Drinkwater's Cambridge
    (617) 547-2067

11. jhoo04

jhoo04 Senior member

We recently opened our second shop Working Title and one of our new brands is Engineered Garments. Here is our first delivery.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Senior member

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102
    Just recieved our second drop. gathering some photos of everything but here's a quick iphone snap of our second round of shawls

Red & Blue Stripe Wool - $155
    Navy Cotton Plaid - $95
    Wool Herringbone Windowpane - $185

[​IMG]

13. JOA

JOA Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Over Vest in Salmon People Jacquard. Hadn't seen these yet.

14. mpcec

mpcec Senior member

Hey guys, if any of you chance across a fwk aviator jacket from last season (navy ripstop sz. 1), please shoot me a PM. My girlfriends car was stolen with that jacket in there and I'd really like to get her another one. Thanks.

15. BlakeRVA

BlakeRVA Senior member

Daiki has gone rather bold this season (and S/S 14) on the patterns. I must say I enjoyed his A/W '12 collection more than this one. However, I really hope that blue salmon vest will go on sale, but it's EG so probably won't.

16. Mazzasan

Mazzasan Well-Known Member

Can anyone provide feedback on this season's Bedfords? I'm very new to EG and have a single shirt in size small (Dayton) however i'm normally a medium in most shirts (although often fit small i.e. Gap and BR however Gitman i am medium). Are the bedfords true to size or larger? Suit size is 38. Don't think there are any stockists near me so i will most likely have to order online. Thanks for your help!

17. slide13

slide13 Senior member

It can vary depending on fabric. Herringbone wool fits bigger than serge wool this season for sure. Best thing is to figure out the one you want and find a couple sites that provide measurements and choose based on that. I got a medium in this seasons chambray workshirt and I'm a large in the wool herringbone and an XL in the serge wool.

18. mbaum

mbaum Senior member

Slide13 is right on: Herringbone is huge, serge wool is more TTS: The serge wool in L fits me like a fitted jacket, Herringbone is very loose.

Same with shirts. Lafayettes for example in flannel are huge, other fabrics more TTS. Work shirts are big, too and long. The other day, I was complaining how that fantastic navy heathered cotton in L fit like a sack of potatoes. Walked into a local store that had it in M, tried in on just for a laugh and ... looked awesome and bought it.

So you have to futz around a bit with sizes. Check especially PtP and shoulder measurements against well fitting jackets/ shirts you got. When in doubt order two sizes and return the one that did not fit. It's worth it.

Mike

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  19. Mazzasan

Mazzasan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the helpful responses. Think i'm gonna pull the trigger on a medium.

20. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

make sure you attempt to try to pull the trigger first at drinkwaters :fistbump:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013