1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments Fall/Winter 07

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, May 31, 2007.

1. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Senior member

The last couple of days I have been getting requests for look books and it has not fallen on deaf ears. I have not responded because I have run out of them at the moment. The guys at EG are all away in Japan and should be getting back this week. I will ask Angelo to send me some more and I will get them out to you as soon as I get them. I hope that the ones I have sent out so far have been enjoyed. Later!

Gary

2. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Senior member

^ I just received the look book today. Thanks again for your kind gesture!

3. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Senior member

^ I just received the look book today. Thanks again for your kind gesture!

You're welcome!

If anyone sees something in the look book that they might be interested in, I will try my hardest to get it for you or lead you in the right direction.

Gary

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Does anyone know how warm the aviator jacket is? I need a new winter jacket but it's got to hold up to Wisconsin winters.

Warm enough for Boston winters, not warm enough for midwest winters. All of the Engineered Garments boiled and melton jackets are plenty warm enough though. In fact, my boiled wool EG Engineers jacket is *too* warm, except on particularly cold days (say, -20C or so), when it is just right.

5. lance konami

lance konami Senior member

Engineered Garments? Big deal. I honestly do not understand the obsession with this brand. None of their clothes are flattering at all, with the exception of that aviator jacket, everything fits like ass. Why would anyone shell out this kind of cash for ultra boring, overrated, bulky, boxy cuts just because the construction is good? Fishermans vests? You've got to be kidding me.

The new quick release belts are quite badass though.

6. LA Guy

Engineered Garments? Big deal. I honestly do not understand the obsession with this brand. None of their clothes are flattering at all, with the exception of that aviator jacket, everything fits like ass. Why would anyone shell out this kind of cash for ultra boring, overrated, bulky, boxy cuts just because the construction is good? Fishermans vests? You've got to be kidding me.

The new quick release belts are quite badass though.

It could be your body type. I really dislike when people say that something fits poorly. There *are* certain things that fit everyone poorly, and very select things that fit everyone reasonably well. Most things fit some people well, and others, poorly. I would say that Engineered Garments fits me very well, and most people quite well. The shoulders and chest on most of their jackets are dead on for me, as is the pitch of the shoulder and arms. YMMV.

7. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

I don't think that's the issue. All EG stuff is relatively boxy and not fitted. It's a fundamentally different silhouette and aesthetic from a lot of other stuff here.
    In fact, my boiled wool EG Engineers jacket is *too* warm, except on particularly cold days (say, -20C or so), when it is just right.
    A pox upon your house, I said! Do I hear you wanting to sell? [​IMG]

8. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

EG related Woolrich Woolen Mills. Don't know pricing though:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

9. LA Guy

I tried on the Engineered Garments bedford in dark olive corduroy this morning. I am a 38", and the medium fit really well, just slightly snug, through the chest and shoulders. Body was more fitted than in previous years. I am really looking forward to the wool model now.

10. KennyGhetzoff

KennyGhetzoff Senior member

will that aviator jacket show up on the racks at Odin NY?

11. Joe E Taleo

Joe E Taleo Senior member

will that aviator jacket show up on the racks at Odin NY?

I have to imagine it will. I got mine (in black) from Odin last season.

12. anothergreenworld

anothergreenworld Senior member

Hey LA Guy,

When you tried the Bedford on, what were you wearing underneath? In other words, what could the medium accommodate for layering?

Thanks.

13. LA Guy

Hey LA Guy,

When you tried the Bedford on, what were you wearing underneath? In other words, what could the medium accommodate for layering?

Thanks.

I was wearing a couple of layered tees. It should be worth noting that my shoulders are sloped but deceptively big for my size (5'11", 155lbs). For me, it could accomodate a hoodie, but it would be snug.

14. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Binocular Shirt
    Cotton Twill Big Plaid, approx. $195 (23100 Yen)
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Photographer Vest
    Black available thru Gary Drinkwater's, Green thru Peasant
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

15. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Shooting Vest, Nyco Ripstop, ~$300 (35700 Yen)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Shawl Collar Waist Coat, Woolrich Woolen Mills Wool, ~$275 (32550 Yen)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Damn that pattern is delicious.

16. whodini

whodini Senior member

That binocular shirt is ridiculous.

17. iamaloser

iamaloser Senior member

Where would I be able to get the Norfolk online, and how much would it cost? It is the most amazing thing and I need it to one-up all the haters.

18. Gaius Pompeius Trimalchio

Gaius Pompeius Trimalchio Senior member

Shawl Collar Waist Coat, Woolrich Woolen Mills Wool, ~$275 (32550 Yen) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Damn that pattern is delicious.
    Is anyone in the US stocking these? And looking at the collection, it seems to be part of a 3-piece suit--does anyone stock all the pieces?

19. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Is anyone in the US stocking these? And looking at the collection, it seems to be part of a 3-piece suit--does anyone stock all the pieces?
    If you're referring to the last fit in the online collection, it's not a 3-piece suit, but three separates made of the same material. The jacket is the Norfolk Jacket, the waistcoast is noted above, and the pants are Wool Grey Herringbone Nickers.

As for US stockists, Odin would be my best guess, but I'm also guessing that no one stockist will carry all three pieces.

20. Gaius Pompeius Trimalchio

Gaius Pompeius Trimalchio Senior member