• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Fall/Winter 07

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by irbe
Alrite here are pics of me with my the Melton Engineered Jacket. I'm wearing it under a thick sweater and shirt, hence the fat look. I had my heart set on the norfolk, but fit wise it did not work out. But this jacket is growing on me. I can't wait to wear it as soon as it gets colder. I'm 5'9, 145 pounds, 38 chest, jacket is size MEDIUM. Sorry for the blurry pics. Hard to see details b/c jacket is dark

Picture047.jpg

Picture049.jpg

Looks nice. The collar is meant to be worn standing though, just fwiw. I find that it looks a lot more natural that way.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah. Thought it can be either or. But I guess you are right, when i fold it down, it seems kinda bulky sticking out.

phooi

Reaction score
Just picked up my charcoal herringbone bedford from MAC. Great first experience there! Interesting side note was that Daiki was at the store today and I missed him!!! I wondered what I would have done... maybe he could have autographed my bedford and my fatigue shirt.... hahahaha!

bsyde82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phooi
Just picked up my charcoal herringbone bedford from MAC. Great first experience there! Interesting side note was that Daiki was at the store today and I missed him!!! I wondered what I would have done... maybe he could have autographed my bedford and my fatigue shirt.... hahahaha!

did u pick up the light greyish looking one? and are there any mediums of those left there?

phooi

Reaction score
if you're referring to the wool herringbone bedfords, they have 2 in mediums -- one in charcoal (the one I have) and one in brown. They don't really have one in light grey.

caelum

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any retailers stocking the white Binocular shirt?

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
irbe The jacket looks good and I can't wait to see it in person whenever, if ever, Bloomies puts it out. They haven't anything on display yet. Love the chest pocket button. caelum White Binoculars Shirt: MAC, San Francisco August, Oakland, CA American RAG SF & LA LFT Octane, Dallas Passage, Pheonix New Pics: DUFFLE, MELTON WOOL.
a0102385_21484850.jpg
eg10c.jpg
a0102385_214912.jpg
WOOL CHARCOAL GREY VINTAGE STRIPE FLANNEL SUIT (AKA ANDOVER SUIT). Looks like the pants are the Cinchbacks.
EG20SUIT.jpg
WOOL NYLON BLACK/GREY PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH PATTERN KNIT CARDIGAN
EG20CGN.jpg

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
090714-715551.jpg

Nomad in Toronto has Hbone Parka for 545.00 CAD. Nabbed pic of their blog.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And I really like that duffle - it's a nice take on the traditional long version.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Will anyone be carrying the suit?
MAC will be, although they aren't expecting it for a couple of weeks. They will also be expecting some Norfolks, if anyone interested hasn't been able to get their hands on one yet. Stockists of the Herringbone Duffle: Active Endeavors, Chicago, IL Legion, Silverlake, CA Info about the Duffle above given by Angelo @ EG, but as has been said before AE hasn't posted on their site and those that have called them said that they don't carry anything not on their site. And working on getting stockists info on the melton wool duffle.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
And I really like that duffle - it's a nice take on the traditional long version.

Yeah I'm also digging the duffle. I don't know if I can justify buying another coat this winter. I still have the EG Fireman Coat from last winter that I want to wear. What the hell do you do when you have so many jackets and you feel like you don't have enough days to wear them.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if EG will have the Raglan Hoodie (two button pull over) this season in the black? I know Peasent carries it in the grey.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads