• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Fall/Winter 07

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by anothergreenworld
Sweet. Thanks for uncovering this, Tim.
Well, it was featured in a Bloomingdales advertisement.
tounge.gif

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bsyde82
any idea how long the engineer's jacket is? will a 5'8 person such as myself be able to wear this thing w/o looking foolish?

If this helps any, here's a pic with the SS07 Denim Engineer's Jacket on (recycled from WAYWN/T). I'm 5'9" and wearing the Medium.

2007-07-10.jpg

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by anothergreenworld
Fireman Turn Out Coat (also in OD). From OneDay http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/oneday...ak-929-010.jpg Pathfinder http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/oneday...k-1005-124.jpg + different model with the Brown Herringbone Bedford. LONG SLEEVED. left over stock of the 5 pocket herringbone Norfolk from last fall?
I believe that the fireman turnout coat, pathfinder, and the 5 pocket Norfolk are all leftovers from last fall, and DAMN that Main Guide Jacket is nice. BTW, do you think we should start a Woolrich Woolen Mills thread or just post everything in here, cuz there's ishload of nice stuff they've got and they'll be releasing more widespread in the US next season?

anothergreenworld

Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
BTW, do you think we should start a Woolrich Woolen Mills thread or just post everything in here, cuz there's ishload of nice stuff they've got and they'll be releasing more widespread in the US next season?

Yeah, we should definitely start another thread. It's already difficult to surf through pages for references in this now 30 page long thread.

Casual

Reaction score
Unfortunately, no US retailers are carrying the M41 jacket. Could someone please recommend a Japanese retailer that does domestic mailorder and has size large? I hope to have a Japanese friend order one for me.

parachutes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Casual
Unfortunately, no US retailers are carrying the M41 jacket. Could someone please recommend a Japanese retailer that does domestic mailorder and has size large? I hope to have a Japanese friend order one for me.

I'm planning on dropping by the official Nepenthes store in tokyo soon to check the jacket too for blacks. I have seen olives available at a different store. If you don't mind paying me a little tip
tounge.gif
, send me a line to haji0312 at gmail.com and I will pick it up when I go there

On another note, anyone know if the pathfinder jacket is coming out this season as well? I know certain rakuten stores have left overs from past seasons, though I'm not very keen on getting those.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by parachutes
I'm planning on dropping by the official Nepenthes store in tokyo soon to check the jacket too for blacks. I have seen olives available at a different store. If you don't mind paying me a little tip
tounge.gif
, send me a line to haji0312 at gmail.com and I will pick it up when I go there

On another note, anyone know if the pathfinder jacket is coming out this season as well? I know certain rakuten stores have left overs from past seasons, though I'm not very keen on getting those.

I believe that the Pathfinder is no more. None of the JP sites have posted anything regarding the jacket and the catalog (via Gary) doesn't mention anything either. Plus, design elements from the Pathfinder went into the current Fishing Jacket, such as the waist pockets for hands (is it called marsupial pockets?) and the flap on the inside zipper.

bsyde82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drink8648
I have at the moment the Bedford / Wool Herringbone, 2 size Smalls and 1 size X-large. That will be all that is available and if anyone is interested please contact me.
Thanks.

Gary

apologies if this information is already somewhere in this thread, but would a small be the correct size for me? (I'm 5'8, about 148-150, pretty lean, but not that skinny in the chest/shoulders b/c i work out)

any approximate measurements? and what's the price?

thanks

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bsyde82
apologies if this information is already somewhere in this thread, but would a small be the correct size for me? (I'm 5'8, about 148-150, pretty lean, but not that skinny in the chest/shoulders b/c i work out)

any approximate measurements? and what's the price?

thanks

I'm guessing a medium would be better for you - many people need to size up on the Bedford. If you want to easily check your fit though, Barney's Seattle location had a few cord Bedfords left last time I was in over the weekend.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
I'm guessing a medium would be better for you - many people need to size up on the Bedford. If you want to easily check your fit though, Barney's Seattle location had a few cord Bedfords left last time I was in over the weekend.

I am close to your weight (155 lbs) and taller (5'11"), and a medium fits me well around the shoulders and chest. I would definitely go with a medium, if I were you. Of course, nothing can beat trying it on in person.

The price for the bedford was $450 for the wool herringbone version and $395 for the heavy corduroy version at Drinkwaters. Prices do vary somewhat depending on markup.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 5'8'' - 5'9'' and 145 lbs. I found that the medium Norfolk fits me perfectly in the shoulders and is a little loose in the body to account for layering (i was only wearing a t-shirt when I tried it on). The Bedfords might be sized in the same manner. Hope this helps.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by keykoo
I'm 5'8'' - 5'9'' and 145 lbs. I found that the medium Norfolk fits me perfectly in the shoulders and is a little loose in the body to account for layering (i was only wearing a t-shirt when I tried it on). The Bedfords might be sized in the same manner. Hope this helps.

Ditto. I can definitely layer under the thing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads