• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Fall/Winter 07

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hejfina has a binocular shirt back in stock, size large. Probably a customer return.

anothergreenworld

Reaction score
M41 jacket in Black and OD from Chicken Shack. Wool Lining. The zipper from the parka is applied on the left wrist here as well. 49,350
eg_jk_9all.jpg
eg_jk_8all.jpg

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they had those at odin the last time i was there a few weeks ago

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone post a pic wearing this year's HB Norfolk? I want to see how the sleeves compare to last year's. The sleeves on this one appear to flare a bit, so I"m considering having them tailored. What do you think? Looks fine with my hands in my pockets though.
DSCF5550.jpg
DSCF5551.jpg
Apologies for the fro and squinty eyes. I'm too lazy to cut my hair and my contacts get a little irritating at the end of the day. And while I'm here, what do you guys think of the fit of this? Too long? From last year too.
DSCF5544.jpg
DSCF5547.jpg
For comparison:
egfw076hw1.jpg
1288311348_81a5c0fc45.jpg

KennyGhetzoff

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
they had those at odin the last time i was there a few weeks ago
poly, did you notice how much? That M41 is bad.... not bad meaning bad but bad meaning kick ass.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Timpo
tailoring the arms might not be a bad idea if it bothers you. They seem somewhat wide, but I dont think i´d mind if it was mine. It might be intended for more layering I guess?

The other one looks spot on, perfect length imo!

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KennyGhetzoff
poly, did you notice how much? That M41 is bad.... not bad meaning bad but bad meaning kick ass.
Stop posting from 1996.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
What do you think? Looks fine with my hands in my pockets though.

I have the same effect on my cord bedford, where they're a tad longer than I'd like. My solution - partially turn back part of the cuffs. It doesn't make them as wide and looks nice.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Timpoblete.. personally I'd have the flare taken in. And I think the bedford looks fine in length, although the high rise nature of the pants makes it looks longer than it probably is.

anothergreenworld

Reaction score
Sorry no pics with the Norfolk but I do not have that much flare, even after sizing up to a large. That is definitely some renaissance flare!

anothergreenworld

Reaction score
Weird. Odin @ 11th is no longer going over inventory via phone. New store policy. A representative told me I have to speak to Thomas at Lafayette.

Does anybody have information about what materials/colors the Engineer's jacket is available in?

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will tell u by Monday, will be to NYC....wahoo. Hopefully i can find and score the Melton Norfolk

anothergreenworld

Reaction score
I will tell u by Monday, will be to NYC....wahoo. Hopefully i can find and score the Melton Norfolk

Thanks. If you don't find it there, Ian in Seattle is expecting the Melton Norfolk after their first shipment next week. They will also have the Melton Duffle, Bedford, @ Aviator among others

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KennyGhetzoff

not sure, sorry.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics