• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Eng Garment Bedford

dingleberry

Reaction score
just picked up the EG Grey herringbone bedford from Odin in NYC, great fit and style...

anyone have it? or anyone can offer some comments about it.... only have seen it on the EG site in 2 pics...

thanks

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Is this the mutual support thread
You need to get in touch with "Denim is the excuse I use for having Destroyed My Life"
The jacket is one of the strongest pieces this season, imho, and I rather like Odin as well. There are some pictures on a member in the jacket here somewhere...

Calden

Reaction score

I really wanted to pick up this jacket, but didn't have money until now, and it appears every online retailer either doesn't sell it, or is sold out. I know this is a lame question, but can anyone recommend a jacket that is very similar? I love everything about it and would really like to get something close because I can't seem to buy the real thing.

jgu

Reaction score
I wish I could find a xsmall. I try on the small every time I goto Barney's or Odin, hoping it'll suddenly fit better on me.

jiomitori

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jgu
I wish I could find a xsmall. I try on the small every time I goto Barney's or Odin, hoping it'll suddenly fit better on me.

Please EG, make more XS!

dingleberry

Reaction score
Actually its not bedford, on the tag it says "Norfolk Jacket" SM Herringbone... is that different from the jacket pictured above and the EG site?

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dingleberry
Actually its not bedford, on the tag it says "Norfolk Jacket" SM Herringbone... is that different from the jacket pictured above and the EG site?
The jacket Calden posted is the Bedford. This is the Norfolk.
Personally, I'd gladly take a life to get ahold of either (Norfolk only in brown, though!). Alas, it is unlikely, murders or otherwise.

Ott

Reaction score
I have a bedford but it doesn't fit me as slim as I'd like. I guess I just like my clothes very fitted

dingleberry

Reaction score
yeah, that's the one... Except mine is Grey/Black herringbone, not corduroy. I tried this blue corduroy jacket on (which was priced almost $100 cheaper than the one I bought) It was nice but thinner than it appears in the pics.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ott
I have a bedford but it doesn't fit me as slim as I'd like. I guess I just like my clothes very fitted

So you're going to give it to me before I resort to threats of violence, right right yeah?

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dingleberry
just picked up the EG Grey herringbone bedford from Odin in NYC, great fit and style...

anyone have it? or anyone can offer some comments about it.... only have seen it on the EG site in 2 pics...

thanks

It's great, but you must wear it ONLY with the collar up. I really wish it would get cold here so I can wear mine.

EDIT: There was a herringbone Norfolk!?!?!? I would've much preferred that. Please tell me it's not Thinsulate lined or it costs $600 or smells like cat pee or something.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My god, does everyone but me have one?

dingleberry

Reaction score
yeh, herringbone Norfolk... it's sweet. No thinsulate. Costs $399. Smells like new.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 128 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 234 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 115 15.7%
  • 31 - 40