• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Energy and focus vitamins/supplements

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've noticed lately that my energy and focus level aren't what they used to be. I think the stress of the last year of law school is weighing me down. As much as I try to find time for the gym, it's been difficult lately. So, alternatively, what kind of vitamins and supplements can I take to temporarily boost my energy and focus levels? I'd like something that I can take on a regular basis.

Garmonavie

Reaction score
I am one of those people that should be taking vitamins but never enjoyed popping pills. However my wife and I have found an easy and tasteful way to get our daily fruit requirement,,we drink Monavie. Monavie is a juice made up of 19 fruits including the ACAI berry. The ACAI berry has been named the #1 superfood in the world by Dr. Perricone. My husband and I drink 2oz in the morning and 2oz at night and have never felt better. Our energy level has soared, we have lost over 30 pounds combined, our aches and pains have vanished and my cholesterol and high blood pressure has finally registered normal levels!! Learn more about this great drink: www.mymonavie.com/gregandaurorarichard

greg_atlanta

Reaction score
Black coffee in the morning is enough. Pills cannot be trusted.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Garmonavie
I am one of those people that should be taking vitamins but never enjoyed popping pills. However my wife and I have found an easy and tasteful way to get our daily fruit requirement,,we drink Monavie. Monavie is a juice made up of 19 fruits including the ACAI berry. The ACAI berry has been named the #1 superfood in the world by Dr. Perricone. My husband and I drink 2oz in the morning and 2oz at night and have never felt better. Our energy level has soared, we have lost over 30 pounds combined, our aches and pains have vanished and my cholesterol and high blood pressure has finally registered normal levels!! Learn more about this great drink: www.mymonavie.com/gregandaurorarichard

lol, my parents bought into that scam too. Well, they buy the overpriced juice, they weren't gullible enough to actually sell it.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
lol, my parents bought into that scam too. Well, they buy the overpriced juice, they weren't gullible enough to actually sell it.
Wow, bespoke spamming, and quick too!

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Wow, bespoke spamming, and quick too!

I was just thinking that, impressive. I can only hope that the next thread I start has the same results
smile.gif

Abudeeba

Reaction score
For memory, DMAE and choline chloride helped me study for the bar exam. Both are available in a health food store. The former is a capsule. The latter is a vile tasting liquid made by TwinLabs. Vitamin E (400 IU alpha tocopherol) will let you get away with less sleep but it takes a couple weeks to notice the effect. Another memory enhancing OTC supplement is vinpocetine, which is derived from the periwinkle plant and enhances blood flow to the brain. For better focus, try getting a better night's sleep. I take a calcium/magnesium pill and it works like a charm when I have trouble falling asleep. 5-HTP also works. Be careful about ginkgo biloba, kava kava, melatonin, and St. John's Wort--while these produce a sense of calm in many people, others experience agitation and disrupted sleep. And as with all supplements, pay the extra money and buy high quality brands.

You can also buy DMAE as a tincture.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carlson's fish oil is brain food. For energy I am experimenting with Magnesium Citrate (most Mg suppls are Mg Oxide, which isn't as absorbable) because supposedly we are highly deficient. If you take Calcium Citrate, you'll need Mg Citrate so that the Ca can absorb. Also, get on a probiotic like Udo's adult blend.

adversity04

Reaction score
I would contend that making a half hour-hour a day in the gym would even out the time lost with the increase in productivity by you being able to concentrate better. Only supplements I currently advise are Fish/Flax oil for omega 3s, which most diets are very poor in, and glucosamine for anyone doing stuff that's hard on the joints.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Abudeeba
For memory, DMAE and choline chloride helped me study for the bar exam. Both are available in a health food store. The former is a capsule. The latter is a vile tasting liquid made by TwinLabs. Vitamin E (400 IU alpha tocopherol) will let you get away with less sleep but it takes a couple weeks to notice the effect. Another memory enhancing OTC supplement is vinpocetine, which is derived from the periwinkle plant and enhances blood flow to the brain. For better focus, try getting a better night's sleep. I take a calcium/magnesium pill and it works like a charm when I have trouble falling asleep. 5-HTP also works. Be careful about ginkgo biloba, kava kava, melatonin, and St. John's Wort--while these produce a sense of calm in many people, others experience agitation and disrupted sleep. And as with all supplements, pay the extra money and buy high quality brands.

You can also buy DMAE as a tincture.

Thanks. Can I take these vitamins regularly?

Abudeeba

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Thanks. Can I take these vitamins regularly?

The ones I recommended can be taken daily. A couple other thoughts: eat moderately before a test while watching your carbs and boosting your protein. And of course, exercise is golden.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Icebreakers makes mints with caffeine in them now...VERY NICE

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Garmonavie
I am one of those people that should be taking vitamins but never enjoyed popping pills. However my wife and I have found an easy and tasteful way to get our daily fruit requirement,,we drink Monavie. Monavie is a juice made up of 19 fruits including the ACAI berry. The ACAI berry has been named the #1 superfood in the world by Dr. Perricone. My husband and I drink 2oz in the morning and 2oz at night and have never felt better. Our energy level has soared, we have lost over 30 pounds combined, our aches and pains have vanished and my cholesterol and high blood pressure has finally registered normal levels!! Learn more about this great drink: [/url]

Speaking of viral marketing.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Eating lots of fruit and drinking lots of water helps.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads