• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Encounters with dumb store employees

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
stupid skinny white lady with blond hair at the south coast plaza bloomingdales (relatively new there) thinks it was wise to overtly follow me and my wife everwhere we went on suspicion of shoplifting.
she comes over to us and asks can i help you? i say im just looking, and she doesnt smile she has this angry look on her face, always at a side to us about 10 feet away from us at all times

so we tested by going to the shoes, to the jeans section to the polo section and she follows us ALL the way. she doesnt know we are regular customers there but what a stupid way to follow on your suspicion and what made her suspicious?

Is that Bloomingdale's any good? I decided to go to the Block in Orange yesterday as I haven't been there in years to check out the Saks Off 5th and Neiman Marcus Last Call. There wasn't much of anything there that I had any interest in whatsoever.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BDC2823
Is that Bloomingdale's any good? I decided to go to the Block in Orange yesterday as I haven't been there in years to check out the Saks Off 5th and Neiman Marcus Last Call. There wasn't much of anything there that I had any interest in whatsoever.

yes it can be good. ive bought some good stuff there last year i got my marc jacobs peacoat there that i posted in the mega peacoat thread. excellent peacoat. some shoes like my margiela shoes and a navy blue suede CP . bought a few polo items and some tshirts and a suit and jacket for my brother in law. good prices you have to just come check it out regularly.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes it can be good. ive bought some good stuff there last year i got my marc jacobs peacoat there that i posted in the mega peacoat thread. excellent peacoat. some shoes like my margiela shoes and a navy blue suede CP . bought a few polo items and some tshirts and a suit and jacket for my brother in law. good prices you have to just come check it out regularly.

Ok, I need to make a South Coast run soon so I will make sure to go by there and check it out.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
i work at Target, i encounter dumb store employees daily.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The stupidest are at Walmart.

They literally employ marsupialed people.

It's actually a good thing, but still....................

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mickey711
If he was smart, he wouldn't be working at Wendy's for ~$7.36 an hour.

I worked at Wendy's for 2 years in high school, along with quite a few other "high honor roll" high school students. Since we had school we would work the evening shift on weekdays and it was a pretty fun time. The daytime shift was full of the adults who never graduated from high school...
ffffuuuu.gif

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
stupid skinny white lady with blond hair at the south coast plaza bloomingdales (relatively new there) thinks it was wise to overtly follow me and my wife everwhere we went on suspicion of shoplifting.
she comes over to us and asks can i help you? i say im just looking, and she doesnt smile she has this angry look on her face, always at a side to us about 10 feet away from us at all times

so we tested by going to the shoes, to the jeans section to the polo section and she follows us ALL the way. she doesnt know we are regular customers there but what a stupid way to follow on your suspicion and what made her suspicious?

you're going to hate shopping korea. the SAs always follow you around the moment you walk in the store. but i don't think it's because they're suspicious of you shoplifting. they're probably trained to follow you around so they can help you (put on stuff, questions about items, put stuff back) when you need it. i was really annoyed by it too at first, but they're usually very very nice.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently found my temp/short term job options cut down for varies boring reasons so thought I might temp in a shop for a bit and in so doing I have found new tolerance and respect for dumb store employees.

I am working in a book shop, which I imagine is a lot better than many of the shops, but I go in fairly clever (or at least I like to think so) and come out dumb by the end of the day. Keeping a constantly helpful attitude despite the number of, repetitive, stupid questions (and requests for twilight novels), whilst repeatedly carrying out the same actions, I can feel parts of my brain just quitting for the day at which point routine questions require serious concentration.

Wallcloud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I read the title as "encounters with drunk store employees". Imagine my dissapointment, 1 star for that.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
you're going to hate shopping korea. the SAs always follow you around the moment you walk in the store. but i don't think it's because they're suspicious of you shoplifting. they're probably trained to follow you around so they can help you (put on stuff, questions about items, put stuff back) when you need it. i was really annoyed by it too at first, but they're usually very very nice.

i dont mind that. im fine with people with a spectrum of things they may do as long as i feel their intent is out of respect.

once i feel a little disrespect , i won't even take a little budge.

zillka

Reaction score
can someone post a vid of the fat fuk at walmart mcdonalds asking for his chicken nuggets where he goes biiiiyyyytchh im too lazy yeh that thanks

tor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Meh, I skipped lunch yesterday so I felt it was alright.

uhoh.gif
Skipping meals kills your metabolism.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I was once dining at the Ruth's Chris on California in San Francisco with a couple of bigtimers. They are wine guys.

Our waitress was a very young, maybe 21 year old girl. Very sweet, but very unpolished for white tablecloth service.

Bigtimer: I'd like to see the reserve wine list, please.
Waitress: Of course, I'll be back with it.

Several minutes later, after bigtimer has perused the list for a minute:

Bigtimer: What can you tell me about this magnum you have listed here?
Waitress: Well, uuhh, sir, um, a magnum is a very large bottle...
Bigtimer: Do you have a sommelier?
Waitress (embarrassed): Of course, right away, sir.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads