Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Empire Customs vs Trend Custom Tailors

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by pudgee, May 9, 2014.

1. pudgee

pudgee New Member

Hi All!

I would like to get some advice and opinions about getting a bespoke suit for my wedding reception.

The two tailors I am considering are Trend Custom Tailors and Empire Customs. A 3-piece suit at Trend is about $1800 and for $1100 I can get a 3-piece suit plus a custom shirt and tie from Empire. Empire is a lot cheaper because the suit is made in Thailand instead of in Toronto.

Does anyone have any thoughts/opinions/experiences with Empire and Trend? Price is an important factor so naturally I'm leaning towards Empire but I am not sure how I feel about the work being done in Thailand, mainly with regards to not being able to try on the jacket as its being made (Trend does a fitting before they assemble the sleeves onto the jacket).

A friend of mine said that as long as the measurements are taken correctly it shouldn't matter where the suit is being made so he suggested I go to an experienced tailor to get the measurements done. I should mention that Empire does have an in-house tailor to make any final adjustments.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Pudgee

2. sorefeet

sorefeet New Member

I would really like somebody who has experience with bespoke that is sent out to be cut vs those that are done in house.

I am considering trend and was quoted a price of $1700 though im not sure if this priceis for a two piece or a fully equiped suit.