• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Emma Willis shirts

Tez Mulan

Reaction score
seen them advertised in GQ - although not for a while anyway, spent some time looking at the website today and like the bespoke bit, where you can get exact sleeve length and 1/4 measurements on the collar...i.e 163/4 I have to go mail order as I live in the Middle East and this looks like a good option., only 5 dress shirts (inc. one sea island) come to just over £1,000 keen to know if anyone has any experience of this brand before I buy N.B I was also surprised that this brand dont make Winchester style. I am hot and cold on this particular style, but its clearly back in full swing.

Tez Mulan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tez Mulan
seen them advertised in GQ - although not for a while

anyway, spent some time looking at the website today and like the bespoke bit, where you can get exact sleeve length and 1/4 measurements on the collar...i.e 163/4

I have to go mail order as I live in the Middle East and this looks like a good option., only 5 dress shirts (inc. one sea island) come to just over £1,000

keen to know if anyone has any experience of this brand before I buy

N.B I was also surprised that this brand dont make Winchester style. I am hot and cold on this particular style, but its clearly back in full swing.

on order

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I've read good things on here about her bespoke shirts, but ordering online like this is not really 'bespoke', in-fact just choosing the collar and sleeve length like this is not even MTM (made to measure), it looks simply like MTO (made to order).

I'm sure you'll get some high quality shirts, but personally I'd rather have my shirts made to take into account all my measurements; if I could get a well-fitted shirt by just giving my collar size then I'd be buying RTW...

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think she uses Rayner & Sturges for her bespoke. Not sure about her RTW/MTO.

My bespoke shirts (not from her) are also made by R&S; they're quite nice.

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've heard good things about her quality, but the pricing is also very high. You can get top quality, fully bespoke shirts at £200/shirt. But, if you're pleased with the shirts you get, then it's money well spent I suppose.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
I think I've read good things on here about her bespoke shirts, but ordering online like this is not really 'bespoke', in-fact just choosing the collar and sleeve length like this is not even MTM (made to measure), it looks simply like MTO (made to order).

I'm sure you'll get some high quality shirts, but personally I'd rather have my shirts made to take into account all my measurements; if I could get a well-fitted shirt by just giving my collar size then I'd be buying RTW...

+1

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
To update this, a little cat tells me that Emma Willis now has her own shirtmaking premises, apparently for both bespoke and rtw. I found that very interesting news as it's a pretty significant investment/step to be making, esp. given the significant overheads she must also have maintaining her shop. Business must be decent.

Simplicio

Reaction score
For what its worth, I stopped by the Emma Willis store in London for the first time yesterday. I talked over some bespoke options with one of the sales staff. What I wanted turned out to be a little different from any of their standard collar shapes. After discussion we decided that it might be better for me to either return another time with a shirt I already have (to use as an example), or to just look elsewhere. As noted, these are expensive shirts, and she didn't want to experiment with a unknown design, the success of which was unproven. She was quite willing to go ahead, if that was what I wanted, but didn't want to commit to something she wasn't sure about. The willingness to lose my business impressed me. Perhaps I will return if I can bring better information with me. This seems like a classy business.

sartorialexecutive

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast

My bespoke shirts (not from her) are also made by R&S; they're quite nice.

Ms. Willis did have her shirts made at Rayner & Sturges but last year opened her own small factory in Gloucester with a small team of seamstresses (mainly ex-Turnbull & Asser).

Emma is very passionate about shirts and produces a very high quality product mainly using Alumo fabrics.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Someone suggested that I have her make shirts for me. An appointment was made and I showed up on time only to have her tell me. "This is not a drop-in kind of place. You'll have to leave, I have an appointment coming." Rather than tell her that I was her appointment, I decided to leave. There was no way I was going to like this woman.

Northampton Novice

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
Someone suggested that I have her make shirts for me. An appointment was made and I showed up on time only to have her tell me. "This is not a drop-in kind of place. You'll have to leave, I have an appointment coming." Rather than tell her that I was her appointment, I decided to leave. There was no way I was going to like this woman.

Oh dear.

I must confess Emma is despite her facade of politeness a rather parochial opinionated woman - I've told her this to her face, but then I've known her for a while...

AncientSoul

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
I lol'ed. Well played. I would have told her that I was her appointment before leaving. I am yet to understand the philosophy behind the "Soup Nazi" mentality of some vendors. Are people really that much enchanted by a rude businessman/woman to leave their self respect out of the door before entering their premises and to give them hard earned money? Is there anyone in the clothing business whose bad attitude is over shadowed by his/her skills and no other alternative is available who renders his/her service with a pleasant smile?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads