• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Emergency unloading brand new merchandise...

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Dear forum,
I recently (this weekend) got into a financial burden and must unload any newly acquired recent merchandise if I can.
Lot of this is from sellers Chorse123, Edmorel, EL72, and recently pfr0g; I apologize to you for doing this, a few even giving me friendly lower prices to acquire these. I feel small right now, and I know this does not sound really credible coming from me as my history on buying is that I sometimes sell right back, but this time is due to a serious , immediate burden I am facing. I hope you all will understand.
This may lose my ability to purchase from you in the future, and I understand.

It hurts me to unload this merchandise, most of which I truly loved, but I have no choice at this moment. I am also planning to unload a couple of brand new shoes after I gauge how much cash I have freed up after this initial sale.

All merchandise is BRAND NEW , never worn, some still with tags. Suits/coats have been tried on for size and look , but never worn or tailored. Kept safe all in my organized and clean closet.
Used merchandise will be noted.

Alll prices will be exactly the price the above gentlemen gave me for this. Please trust me this is no fickle/foolish game I am playing with this merchandise nor trying to be opportunistic here. I sincerely before this weekend, permanently had my mind set to keep all of this, but fortunately my character is to keep newly acquired stuff new for a while or sometimes a long time because i dont get a chance to wear it.
Thus , my reasoning to unload this stuff first. I dont get a chance too much to wear this so , this is superlative stuff I am selling first.

I hope anyone interested to purcahse can pay via money order/check. If not, paypal is reluctantly accepted. thanks, please stay tuned for the merchandise.

i am also going to have to retract any bids on ebay, unless someone bids over. i have a bid on the santoni fam 'florence' wholecut in 10 . i may not need to say this, but hopefully someone can bid over me. because 300 is a STEAL for those. absolute crazy steal.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
1)
greenish/blue windowpane Turnbull&Asser tweed sportcoat. 46R , but ed/iammatt are correct this sizes like a 44R. 31 inch length in bottom of collar to bottom of jacket, 18.5 inches shoulder /arm seam to the other, 26 inches length of arm.BRAND New with TAG, double vent, working buttonholes w/ buttons, tried on only never altered never worn.
this is absolutely beautiful. I am saddened truly to be unloading this, ed sold this to me for $290 ( a sacrifice he took when he could have absolutely sold this for more and he was going to). $290 SOLD.
Picture011.jpg

2)
David chu navy /purple pinstripe 2-piece suit , 44R. fits true. this is a gorgeous blue suit, but i have one already,my pinstripe jack victor suit, i need to sell one, and i have a better chance unloading this than my jack victor suit.
BRAND New with Tag, double vent, working buttonholes w/buttons (in the inside breast pocket), the pants are gorgeous as well.
absolutely beautiful. i am very saddened to let this go. I hope one day , I am able to acquire something like this again, chorse123 has been true to every word in describing this suit. retail $1300 +. only $350 shipped PENDING SALE.
i do remember kronik , pming me about the suit if i change my mind, you are first sir , i hold for you unless you say otherwise.

Picture015.jpg

3)
my own jack victor navy windowpane Loro Piana cashmere sportcoat. this is truly a beautiful material , i exaggerate not. The fit is a bit boxy, this is a 44R but fits like a 45R if there is such a thing.
worn once, tailored sides in and length of arm a bit. you may still need to shorten the sleeves as i like them not too much cuff showing. if you look over the jacket , it is very beautiful and can pass as new. please understand this.
$150 shipped. PENDING POSSIBLE SALE

Picture013.jpg

Picture012.jpg

4)
light blue cotton trousers by Zegna. 36 Waist. Brand New with tag, unhemmed. this pant is very sweet. I wanted this for summer and spring. very beautiful pant and slightly slim fitting. inside lining is very pretty and funky. the pockets /buttons are cool . $60 shipped SOLD SHIPPED.

Picture014.jpg

5)
ties.

Picture016.jpg

from left- Pal Zileri cashmere/silk orange /dot tie. very PRETTY, BRand New with tag. got it from EL72 , absolutely nice. i wore the blue one once , but this not yet, so luckily i can sell. there are a couple of strings coming off the inside lining at couple of spots, but that is how it came. should be fine, i believe it is just excess string, not damage. i never tugged on them. just unwrapped and hung in my closet after i looked at it first to admire.
$30 shipped PENDING POSSIBLE SALE

my recent David chu purple /green dot tie . self-tipped (unlined) Brand New , I had a tag on it, snipped it off, was going to wear it , changed my mind and wore the battistoni instead one night. so it does not have a tag. but believe me it is brand new. i never wore or tried it on. I am soo saddened to unload this. this is one of my favorite ties. but i need to unload the purples as i need to unload superlatives. chorse123 sold this to me for $60. absolute deal. i apologize to chorse as it could have been sold to someone for the higher price who would have kept it. $60 shipped PENDING POSSIBLE SALE

my just received tie from pfr0g. absolutely beautiful David chu blue paisley 7fold. I had heard from pfr0g there was a line of people waiting for this tie, but he sold to me first. i apologize to pfr0g and the others. this is very beautiful as pfr0g stated. i love this tie but i have to unload. $75 shipped SOLD SHIPPEDwas what pfr0g sold this to me for

my black with grey dot Holt Renfrew tie from EL72. very nice brand new with price tag still on . never used/never tried on. $16 shipped PENDING POSSIBLE SALE

last but not least my Charvet tie. brand new with price tag. I hATE to see this go. I am so sorry about this. I love this tie, but I never tried it on or wore it because it was so beautiful and i was afraid it will snag and tear like i heard charvets do . so i waited and waited for that perfect occasion to do so. but unfortunately that time never came. and i got this from edmorel last year for a christmas-spirited price of $50 only. i thank ed so much for this awesome deal but i am so sad to let this go. i have no NECESSITY for a lavender tie at this point and must unload this superlative.
if this one does not sell, i will be glad probably . but anyways, $50 shipped SOLD SHIPPED.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
there are some things i am going to keep when they come in. vass shoes that i have paid for and painstakingly made to my specs and being delivered to me.
and a tie from FIHTies. a transaction that Jonathan put in the extra mile for me, to gain me as a customer. I want to make our first transaction together a memorable one.

also my isaia ties, HF charcoal pants, and some shoes.

isaias these are treasures, and i dont think something like this will ever come my way again. absolute treasures, and my wife loves them too. it is like trying to sell a family heirloom for emergency cash, it just won't happen ,too valuable for that.

charcoal pants is a necessity, my current charcoal pants are fading

i need to keep some of my shoes. or else i will lose my persona. it will just make me feel empty inside, plain and simple

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i might have to unload my John Lobb Sandon in chestnut museum...still brand new in box. i am doing anything i can to prevent this as this shoe is a favorite of mine. i cannot see this go. but i may have to unload $690 shipped if paid via money order /check but not ready to sell this just yet, just a heads up
$690 was the price ed sold to me for.

here's a photo of them for those who havent seen:

IMGP3513.jpg

also one of my beloved santoni fam split toes in 9.5. i got them for retail $965 from guffey's and it was 6 months ago so there is no returning. as you all know, it is still new in box even after 6 months. that is how much i can still enjoy these without wearing them.

plus, i dont want to make a bad relationship with Tim Ritchie who bent over backwards trying to land this shoe for me. i dont think anyone who is interested is crazy here to buy from me at that retail price for now i know..

plus, there are some people here who have an angry/violent hatred over santoni fam for some reason. especially to santoni fam. make, styling, construction ,etc . any other shoe they dont like , well, it is just said, but towards santoni, passionate anger, whatever, just it is not too nice. not to the shoes, but i mean to the people you directly or indirectly try to put down.

just wanted to get that out. i understand one or two opinion posts ,but some people constantly never ending , negative post after everytime someone posts a joy about santoni. i never said anything about it , but i say it here now. it doesnt upset me because it is just opinions on a shoe. what disappoints me is that how some people will go to lengths trying to put someone down on a brand that they dont own and that person owns, so indirectly or directly try to not make their day with their words.
that is not too nice.

i dont see santoni lovers saying hateful words about EG or cleverley or what have you IF they dont prefer them , but always the other way around, it is always the perhaps older who grew up on the english conservative makes who have a violent word on santoni or such. i dont know, just seem to me santoni lovers are peaceful , their love is like an ocean, yes. big. we can take a hit i guess. we never spew out hatred for other brands in intent to hurt the possessor's feelings.

i dont really say that much on those threads, i just read it and shake my head. sometimes i defend santoni but that is it. .. just a shame, it just a reflection on you that is all. im always going to love santoni. it is my best and favorite brand. vass comes a close second. but that is it, i have greate xperience with them , and if you think i am naive ,well hey, oh well. ...it is just a shoe mind you. too many other things in life to really take seriously other than this. nuff said.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
also if anyone is interested, i have a brand new never worn/unaltered Hugo Boss pinstripe grey suit. it should have a tag , but dont know where it went (was looped around a button but i unfastened it before i hung it up in my closet) i can post photos later.
44R
retail $950 +sales tax, sell for $199 shipped PENDING POSSIBLE SALE

herrbra

Reaction score
frown.gif
Although newly registered, I've been reading and browsing this place for some time. I do hope that everything works out for you. Regards

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
i might have to unload my John Lobb Sandon in chestnut museum... i am doing anything i can to prevent this as this shoe is a favorite of mine. i cannot see this go. but i may have to unload $690 shipped if paid via money order /check but not ready to sell this just yet, just a heads up

also one of my beloved santoni fam split toes in 9.5. i got them for retail $965 from guffey's and it was 6 months ago so there is no returning. as you all know, it is still new in box even after 6 months. that is how much i can still enjoy these without wearing them.

How distressing.

Hope everything works out.

yrs

mack11211

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
thanks mack for your kind words.

..i also have a small brooks brothers store credit. it has $35 dollars on it.

anyone was going to buy something at bb anytime soon?

not the best deal, but just i will sell it for $32 sold SHIPPED thanks Karim. basically , to anyone who was going to purchase something anyways, not a benefit to you , commensalism, but for me a benefit, no?

i have 3 blockbuster 10 dollar gift certs (i got them early for christmas small gesture gifts ), but would unload these three for total of $28 sold SHIPPED thanks Don
again, commensalism if you dont mind

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads