• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Emergency question!

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an interview tomorrow morning, and I just discovered that my workhorse suit has an issue- one of the sleeve linings has come detached at the armpit. I will be traveling about 9 hours tomorrow, plus the 4 hour interview. Since the flaw is not visible, I am only concerned that wearing the suit will somehow make the problem worse, or result in some unforseen consequence. I have another suit, but it is a subtle windowpane (this is solid). Any advice????

Nexus6

Reaction score

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I just pinned it. I guess it will be fine, but what a pain.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
on the bright side, you can pilfer small office supplies from the company interviewing you, and hide them in the jacket lining
laugh.gif

darkoak

Reaction score
It's not going to be visible by your interviewer so don't worry about it. Focus on getting the job. A do it yourself sewing should probably do it for now. I can't imagine it getting much worse if you don't take the suit off and putting it on repeatedly during the 13 hour period.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I doubt you could do anything that would permanently harm the suit just by wearing it. Just be careful when you put it on not to snag the lining, and get it fixed ASAP.

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
I'm surprised you only have one solid color workhorse suit and a windowpane for a guy who knows a lot about suits. Just do what I do, go through a shopping spree!

Capsule wardrobe where I am currently located...

Thanks for the helpful responses, guys! It's pinned up, so it should hold for the day at least.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads