Emergency Cuff-Links ...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by cmeisenzahl, Feb 6, 2009.

1. cmeisenzahl

cmeisenzahl Senior member

Because you never know. ;-)

Emergency Cuff-Links | Uncrate
    "Never be caught with your cuffs open thanks to these Emergency Cuff-Links (£12; ~$17). Available in packs of six and featuring a pocket friendly fold-flat design, the one-use links are a must have for any French Cuff-loving traveler."
    http://www.uncrate.com/men/style/acc...ncy-cufflinks/

2. DutchDaedalus

DutchDaedalus Senior member

[​IMG]

GQ: The Well-Dressed Rebel

Lose the Links

Wayne Maser, Photographer

“I wear Charvet French-cuff shirts all the time. But I travel a lot, and I kept losing my cuff links—they would just disappear. A couple of years ago, I was in a rush, and all I could find were these garbage ties. Now I go into bakeries all over the place, looking for the gold or silver ones they use. I’ve stopped buying cuff links entirely; I only use bakery ties—that’s what I like to call them. When you’re in a pinch, they’re a great emergency aid. Not good, great.”

• If you’re going to go for Wayne’s trick, just remember: Do it with confidence. You will get comments.

Shirt and pocket square by Charvet. Sports jacket by Richard Anderson, London. Glasses by Oliver Peoples.

I find this emergency solution more attractive.

3. cmeisenzahl

cmeisenzahl Senior member

LOL, I like it! ;-)

4. Henry Boogers

Henry Boogers Senior member

5. nordicstyle

nordicstyle Senior member

I'm wondering, if you buy these and remember to bring them with you (i.e. while travelling), couldn't you just as well have brought a pair of real cuffs? If you forget your cuffs I don't think it's likely that you'll remember the "emergency cuffs" either.

6. Marcus Brody

Marcus Brody Senior member

I'm more worried about the edges of those emergency cufflinks tearing up my shirt, though maybe hey aren't as sharp as they look in the picture.

7. crazyquik

crazyquik Senior member

I just keep a few pairs of silk knots or these little plastic 'MOP' double sided buttons (like $2 a pair or less) hanging around.

8. kryn13

kryn13 Senior member

I keep a gray and blue pair of silk knots in my 'go kit' in case I find I forgot my links while on the road.

9. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

I'm wondering, if you buy these and remember to bring them with you (i.e. while travelling), couldn't you just as well have brought a pair of real cuffs? If you forget your cuffs I don't think it's likely that you'll remember the "emergency cuffs" either.

the point is you keep them in your wallet.

10. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

the point is you keep them in your wallet.

Or travel bag.