• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Emergency Cuff-Links ...

cmeisenzahl

Reaction score
Because you never know. ;-)

Emergency Cuff-Links | Uncrate
"Never be caught with your cuffs open thanks to these Emergency Cuff-Links (£12; ~$17). Available in packs of six and featuring a pocket friendly fold-flat design, the one-use links are a must have for any French Cuff-loving traveler."
http://www.uncrate.com/men/style/acc...ncy-cufflinks/

DutchDaedalus

Reaction score
00011f.jpg

Originally Posted by men.style.com

GQ: The Well-Dressed Rebel

Lose the Links

Wayne Maser, Photographer

“I wear Charvet French-cuff shirts all the time. But I travel a lot, and I kept losing my cuff links—they would just disappear. A couple of years ago, I was in a rush, and all I could find were these garbage ties. Now I go into bakeries all over the place, looking for the gold or silver ones they use. I’ve stopped buying cuff links entirely; I only use bakery ties—that’s what I like to call them. When you’re in a pinch, they’re a great emergency aid. Not good, great.”

• If you’re going to go for Wayne’s trick, just remember: Do it with confidence. You will get comments.

Shirt and pocket square by Charvet. Sports jacket by Richard Anderson, London. Glasses by Oliver Peoples.

I find this emergency solution more attractive.

nordicstyle

Reaction score
I'm wondering, if you buy these and remember to bring them with you (i.e. while travelling), couldn't you just as well have brought a pair of real cuffs? If you forget your cuffs I don't think it's likely that you'll remember the "emergency cuffs" either.

Marcus Brody

Reaction score
I'm more worried about the edges of those emergency cufflinks tearing up my shirt, though maybe hey aren't as sharp as they look in the picture.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just keep a few pairs of silk knots or these little plastic 'MOP' double sided buttons (like $2 a pair or less) hanging around.

kryn13

Reaction score
I keep a gray and blue pair of silk knots in my 'go kit' in case I find I forgot my links while on the road.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nordicstyle
I'm wondering, if you buy these and remember to bring them with you (i.e. while travelling), couldn't you just as well have brought a pair of real cuffs? If you forget your cuffs I don't think it's likely that you'll remember the "emergency cuffs" either.

the point is you keep them in your wallet.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nordicstyle

Originally Posted by fcuknu
the point is you keep them in your wallet.

Or travel bag.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads