1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

"elongated" AEs, but not Clifton

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Joel_Cairo, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Distinguished Member

I tried on the Clifton the other day, and loved the elegance of its "elongated" forepart. It made my Byrons look positively dumpy by comparison. I'd have bought it, but I'm up to my ears in captoes at the moment... are any of the other AEs built along this graceful line?

2. grimslade

grimslade Stylish Dinosaur

I tried on the Clifton the other day, and loved the elegance of its "elongated" forepart. It made my Byrons look positively dumpy by comparison. I'd have bought it, but I'm up to my ears in captoes at the moment... are any of the other AEs built along this graceful line?

The Bristol (slip-on) and (I believe) the Westgate (wholecut) are on the same last as the Clifton.

3. Joel_Cairo

The Bristol (slip-on) and (I believe) the Westgate (wholecut) are on the same last as the Clifton.

thanks grimslade!

4. Joel_Cairo

maybe my eyes decieve me, but the AE website makes it look as though the Taunton boot uses the same last as well... anybody know from experience?

5. grimslade

grimslade Stylish Dinosaur

maybe my eyes decieve me, but the AE website makes it look as though the Taunton boot uses the same last as well... anybody know from experience?

I don't know if anyone has seen the Taunton in person yet, but someone who asked reported on this board that it also uses the 8 last.

6. JLibourel

JLibourel Distinguished Member

Yes, the new Taunton chelsea is indeed on the new #8 last, unfortunately for me...or maybe fortunately since I have more decent shoes than any sane man needs already!