• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

"elongated" AEs, but not Clifton

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried on the Clifton the other day, and loved the elegance of its "elongated" forepart. It made my Byrons look positively dumpy by comparison. I'd have bought it, but I'm up to my ears in captoes at the moment... are any of the other AEs built along this graceful line?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
I tried on the Clifton the other day, and loved the elegance of its "elongated" forepart. It made my Byrons look positively dumpy by comparison. I'd have bought it, but I'm up to my ears in captoes at the moment... are any of the other AEs built along this graceful line?

The Bristol (slip-on) and (I believe) the Westgate (wholecut) are on the same last as the Clifton.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
The Bristol (slip-on) and (I believe) the Westgate (wholecut) are on the same last as the Clifton.

thanks grimslade!

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
maybe my eyes decieve me, but the AE website makes it look as though the Taunton boot uses the same last as well... anybody know from experience?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
maybe my eyes decieve me, but the AE website makes it look as though the Taunton boot uses the same last as well... anybody know from experience?

I don't know if anyone has seen the Taunton in person yet, but someone who asked reported on this board that it also uses the 8 last.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, the new Taunton chelsea is indeed on the new #8 last, unfortunately for me...or maybe fortunately since I have more decent shoes than any sane man needs already!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.