Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Elevator Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rebelrebel, Aug 30, 2011.

1. rebelrebel

rebelrebel Member

Ever thought about wearing them?

2. blahman

blahman Senior member

Oh come on. Really?! I know this is Style Forum and all, but really?! I understand drivers for comfort while driving, but shoes specifically for riding in elevators? Really?!

3. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

:lol:

4. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I'm 6 foot 2 so no, but I saw a very short portly fellow at the airport last week wearing them. He was still a short fat bugger at the end of the day and the extra inch or so he was gaining didn't make one bit of difference, apart from telling me he has a complex about his height.

5. md2010

md2010 Senior member

A small story. I was at my friends office waiting for him to have lunch together. My friend is 5’01” . So he came back to his desk. And took his shoes straight off. And started complaining how he purchased the elevator shoes from the internet for $160 and how uncomfortable those shoes were . That was the first day he was wearing them . 5 minutes later his assistant come to his desk asking for his help (my friend owns the business) ; She was wearing running shoes . My friend asked her how come she turned in to runners in the office ? She said she also has her heels on her bag which she will put on if it’s a must . And complained how uncomfortable the heels are and made this statement “ You have no idea how painful it is to wear and walk on heels “ .
    At this stage me and my friend bust in laughing. She had no clue as to why we started laughing and gave us a strange look and left.
    Well my friend did buy a pair of new shoes that day after launch and we played soccer with the “elevator” shoes , before it went to the rubbish bin.
    And yes they look wired when you wear them. And running to catch a train or bus on these shoes won’t be a good idea either.

*** I forgot to mention his shoes were designed to make you 4 inches taller***

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011

6. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

No. I'm 5'6" and have simply come to terms with it. I wear shoes that I like, and leave it at that. Having a complex about your height just isn't healthy.

7. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

:plain: seriously? negative, i stand at 5'11, 6'0 if asked, and I am just fine.

8. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

Pretty sure that this thread is not at all targeted to your kind.

9. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

lol, hey I was just trying to contribute. but yes I believe you are right.

10. Roger Everett

Roger Everett Senior member

At light of 5' 6", I've been somewhat vertically challenged all my life. Would never buy lift shoes. I'm quite comfortable where I am. If someone else has a problem with it -- fuck-em.