• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eleganza Uomo Shanghai?

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had two suits made by Raymond earlier this year, one two-piece and one three-piece. The construction is excellent, great range of fabrics and adjustments are no trouble whatsoever (I drop into Shanghai occassionally and he can make any adjustments in 48 hours).

I also have three shirts made. The fabrics are mediocre and the construction a little heavy for my liking, however for the price they are quite good and the fit is obviously superb.

Highly recommended, best service and quality in Shanghai.
Hello There,

I'm also interested in in Eleganza Uomo. I leave for Shanghai sometimes in October. What did you pay for your 2 piece and 3 piece?

Thanks a bunch!

kdsvs

Reaction score
Any more recent experiences with Eleganza Uomo or update on their current pricing? Thanks.

lizter

Reaction score
I recently visited Eleganza Uomo with a couple of friends on a student trip to China.

I took the trousers back with me to Norway, but I had wanted some alterations to the jacket after the final fitting so it is being sent by EMS mail. I'll post some fit pictures when I get the whole suit together :)

As for now, I can tell you about the experience.

Went in on a friday. Had emailed with Raymond (the main guy) beforehand asking about construction and prices. Shop was fairly busy all the times I was there. The staff in general was service oriented and nice to us. An older gentleman kept calling me James Bond (probably because I was wearing RE aviators and because I am white). Funny.
Started talking to Raymond and he started showing me fabrics. Prices start, as stated on 3800RMB. The other guys I was with landed on 4-5000 with an okay fabric choice. I looked at some LP and Zegna which clocked in around 12k RMB. That was a bit steep for me, so I landed on a charcoal grey Charles Clayton wool&cashmere s150. He pushed the price on a piece of Zegna cloth down to 8600 for me, but since this was the first time he made me a suit, he adviced me to go for the Charles Clayton.
Two piece suit, full canvas with the fabric mentioned landed on 6900RMB. By the way, all fabric rolls in his shops have price tag, and the price denotes the full canvas price. One of my friends was on a budget and wanted a half canvas. The guys in the shop thought this was kinda weird by the looks of them. I think it's safe to say that these guys won't fuse your suit.

After choosing the fabric he wanted to measure me up at once. I thought this was a rushing move, and asked about the cut and style to have a discussion. He fairly quickly went through some questions like, two button? flat front? double vents? Over the years, I have tried to educate my self about suits, so I knew some, but this was my first bespoke expirience and I honestly couldn't picture the end result at that time. After the brief discussion he measured me up.

Monday after, I went in for the first fitting. The trousers were baggy, as well as the sleeves on the jacket. He quickly put a lot of needles in to taper both the trousers and sleeves, and got pretty much everything I thought was off. The only thing I wanted was higher sleeves, which he accounted for in the fitting. The jacket seemed a tad wide, but since I wanted a modern, but timeless look, I decided not to say anything.

The following friday I went in for the final fitting. Everything was now finished, to my surprise. I thought I was going for another fitting before he made holes in the sleeves and what not. I tried on the trousers, and they were beautiful. The jacket looked good, but there was something not quite right in my mind. I took the whole suit home to the hotel and wore it. The chest looked a bit wide as you could see creasings of fabric in the back. The shoulders were too wide for my taste, and there was some excess fabric on the back of my triceps. I went in the next day and discussed this with Raymond. He understood that I wanted a more fitted look in some places and marked to take in the upper back, take in the shoulders and add more taper to the sleeves. I also thought the sleeves were a bit long, but he told me that moving the shoulder invards would rise the sleeve to where I wanted it.
As I was leaving the next day, there was not enough time for him to finish it, so he sent it the following week free of charge.

I also bought three shirts. His shirts were 880RMB a piece or 1700RMB for three. I bought three which are, as stated before in this thread, kinda heavy. I like them, though. The collar is very stiff compared to say some Luigi Borelli shirts I have, but I am not sure if this is a bad thing as I don't know a lot about shirts.

All in all, I enjoyed my first bespoke exprience and I am looking forward to seeing the end results. The jacket should be here within a week. I learned a lot while I was there, and Raymond kindly answered all my nerdy questions regarding construction.

Pictures will follow! :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads