• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

elbow hole solution

DaveDr89

Reaction score
All,
I've lost a few shirts to holes in the left elbow due to learning elbows at desk at work. I seem to recall an old tailor once showing me some type of slip-on external elbow protector that could be ordered, it was round and hat an elastic band I think. Of course, at the time I thought it would just look stupid, but now that I've lost more shirts I'm willing to give it a try. Does anyone know where could get one online? My searches came up empty.
Thanks,
D

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leather elbow patches will fix all these shirts. You will look rebellious yet stylish.

DaveDr89

Reaction score
yeah, I know, sounds ridiculous but I only seem to have elbows in such position when I'm reading at desk so I can close the door in such situations and hence not be seen looking ridiculous. Of course I could learn to avoid said elboow position but that has been unsuccessful so far ....

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Simple solution -- get an extra mouse pad and use it to rest your elbow and save your shirt.

Twotone

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
did you listen to your what your mother told you?

" KEEP YOUR ELBOWS OFF THE TABLE "

no you didnt and now you pay for it.

JGloger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Twotone
Simple solution -- get an extra mouse pad and use it to rest your elbow and save your shirt.

Twotone

+1

I keep an extra mouse pad at work for this exact reason.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.